Connection slows down

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

i_bounce

Connection slows down

Post by i_bounce »

Hey there everybody, i am a new user and just installed Gargoyle (Branch 1.5) (version 1.5.9) (ATHEROS AR71XX) on my Tl-wr91nd V3 and setup everything but i recognized that the internet connection slows down after a while from 8Mb to 1Mb and sometimes less,also the web interface with Gargoyle router page slows down too, and after i do a reboot for the router everything goes back to normal again, so i need to know whats the problem pleas and i will be greatfull to u guys To mention that i set up a QOS download and as shown below if it was from this setting the reason everything slows down plz help
Attachments
Qos download 2
Qos download 2
Capture1.PNG (19.52 KiB) Viewed 5430 times
Qos download
Qos download
Capture.PNG (22.42 KiB) Viewed 5430 times

pbix
Developer

Re: Connection slows down

Post by pbix »

Are you using the ACC at the bottom of the QoS download page? If so post a screen shot of that area while the connection is 1Mbps as you say.

Do not post screen shots showing normal operation.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

i_bounce

Post by i_bounce »

no iam not using the ACC

i_bounce

Post by i_bounce »

New Update regarding my problem : i noticed the connection speed drops down to 1mb from 8mb only on my devices which use the WIFI Gagoyle Router, other devices on wire or from the othere wifi router which doesn't have gargoyle system is just fine! Whats the problem ? is it WIFI settings? but if did a router reboot everything go back to normal
here is my WIFI settings if there is anything i can do with it to solve the problem
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (15.08 KiB) Viewed 5411 times

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I think there are several threads in our forum about this problem.

Perhaps solved in the next release.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

rboisjoly

Post by rboisjoly »

Hi!

I've checked the forums but have not really found a solution. Some point to a possible fix in the latest version, but I've upgraded to no avail. Seems worse actually.

My brand new router (bought on this site now with the 1.5.10 version) slows down to a crawl every day. After just a few hours, instead of my regular 30 MB/s downlink speed, I get maybe 1, sometimes between 2 and 5 at most.

A restart puts everything back to normal.

I'm not doing much other than monitoring devices (logging web access and searches) and using DHCP and NAT. I have one DMZ machine set up as well.
No QoS settings or any bandwidth shaping. Just a cache of the last 600 visited sites and searches.

Ideas? This is a big pain.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

This thread pertains to Wifi connection speed to the router. This is not related to downlink speeds.

If you are having a downlink speed issue you should create a new thread and then in detail describe your problem.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

rboisjoly

Post by rboisjoly »

I don't see why the thread is different from my problem. The description of the problem is the same. Wireless to the router becomes very slow, and by consequence, downlink speeds as well.

When the slowdown occurs, managing the router becomes terribly slow, but so does accessing the internet.

I wanted to avoid creating a new post for a problem already described, but hey, I'll create another thread if you think it is better.