Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
kingwaffle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by kingwaffle »

I recently purchased a WNDR-3700 and put 1.5.7 on it and it works great.

For a week or so.

After that, if I disconnect a wireless device and try and bring it back to the network, I can't. The SSID broadcasts, but I just can't pull an IP address. My Mac Mini claims that the connection has "timed out" after only a second or two. My phone does nothing at all.

Problem goes away as soon as I reboot the router. Then it just rears it's ugly head a week later.


Anyone else noticed this? It might have something to do with the IP lease time, but I didn't touch mine from the default (12hr)

kingwaffle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by kingwaffle »

I just realized this belongs in the other (wireless) forum. Could a mod move it for me?

-------------------

Moved by DoesItMatter

FrankW
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by FrankW »

I have exactly the same problem using a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH using Firmware V1.5.8!
I didn't notice this problem using V1.5.6 (I skipped 1.5.7 BTW).

Once the router is in this state every wireless client already connected works until
it is disconnected (by switching off WLAN) and tries to reconnect again.
(We're experiencing this issue with iOS+Android phones AND notebooks).

Anyone got an idea about this issue or some recommendations about how to track down this bug?

FrankW
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by FrankW »

kingwaffle wrote:It might have something to do with the IP lease time, but I didn't touch mine from the default (12hr)
I changed the lease time to check if it has something to do with... but unfortunately the problem persists.

User avatar
DoesItMatter
Moderator
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by DoesItMatter »

I think this an OpenWRT issue

Try setting up your router to reboot once a week and see if that helps

I reboot my routers every few days - keeps connections fresh
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

ekpyr
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by ekpyr »

I have a similar issue. Cant connect w/wifi the next day from any laptop.

Gargoyle Version:1.5.8
Model:TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1

The problem happens within a day. I have to restart the router to be able to reconnect with Wifi. This is running 1.5.8.

Going to try reflashing to see if it helps.

FrankW
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by FrankW »

I went back to V1.5.6 and the problem disappeared! :)

whatever
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by whatever »

I had the same problem after putting 1.5.7 (without preserving settings from 1.5.6) on my Buffalo WHR-HR-G300NHv1. It was happening every few days and went away after I would ssh into the router and take the wireless down and back up or reboot. I put 1.5.8 (without preserving my settings) and now it is happening daily. Existing wireless connections are okay, but no new connections can be made.

FrankW
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Wireless points inaccessible after a week on 1.5.7

Post by FrankW »

whatever wrote:I had the same problem after putting 1.5.7 (without preserving settings from 1.5.6)
....
I put 1.5.8 (without preserving my settings) and now it is happening daily. Existing wireless connections are okay, but no new connections can be made.


Just as a side note: I also did not preserve my settings (as suggested) and existing connections worked fine (but no new connections).
However since downgrading to 1.5.6 the problem disappeared as already mentioned. I'll wait until this problems is resolved before upgrading again.

I guess this is the problem in the OpenWRT firmware:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12455

Post Reply