"LAN DHCP Server Enabled" selection not persistent

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

rockatansky

"LAN DHCP Server Enabled" selection not persistent

Post by rockatansky »

Every time I make any settings change, the gargoyle LAN-DHCP re-enables its self and all my client connections slow to a crawl or just fail to resolve entirely, both LAN and WAN traffic.

I already have a DHCP server on my file server(along with local DNS) so I do not want DHCP server enabled on the gargoyle router.(This is so I don't need to reconfigure tons of reserved addresses every time I switch to a new router.)

This is not a show stopper as long as I remember to finish every router admin session with a stop on the Connection>DHCP page, but it is a source of frustrating network mystery-problems just the same.

Gargoyle Version:1.12.0
Model:Linksys WRT1900ACS
Device Configuration:Gateway
Memory Usage:48.6MB / 498.9MB (9.7%)
Connections:97/4096

Other than this ...bug, or undocumented feature? Gargoyle has been a very nice product, much better than my prior factory-hobbled routers.

Lantis

Re: "LAN DHCP Server Enabled" selection not persistent

Post by Lantis »

It has been fixed in the latest builds of 1.12.x and 1.13.x
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rockatansky

Re: "LAN DHCP Server Enabled" selection not persistent

Post by rockatansky »

Ah good to know it wasn't something I had done, I'll try the update when I have time.