Guest networks connects, but the normal one won't

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

carverofchoice

Re: Guest networks connects, but the normal one won't

Post by carverofchoice »

After replacing basic.js I deleted /etc/config/wireless
First reboot: I went back and set up the AP and Guest-AP again, but now neither of them would authenticate at all, as if I was using the wrong password (I wasn't). Both were now malfunctioning, instead of just the main AP.

I deleted /etc/config/wireless again and rebooted again.

This time I just added an AP without a guest network first. It seemed to work. So now that the AP was working, I added the guest network, and it connected too. It appeared both were working...I had input the SSID names reversed (AP name in the Guest section, and Guest name in the AP location), so just to be organized, I switched the SSID names and passwords to the correct broadcast, and as soon as I did that, the main AP stopped authenticating completely again, and only guest would connect. Passwords were all correct, etc, it just went back to how it was before. I fixed the basic.js

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I’m hoping the following willl fix it for both of you:
Replace line in getRandomMacWithMask

Code: Select all

macPairs[x] = parseInt(macPair).toString(16);
With

macPair = “0” + parseInt(macPair).toString(16);
macPairs[x] = macPair.substring(macPair.length-2);
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

carverofchoice

Post by carverofchoice »

I inserted the new code, deleted wireless, rebooted, set up AP (naming the 2.4 and 5GHz separately) and set up Guest as well then saved.

Only Guest works still, at least on my router.

Edit: in case it helps, according to SSID broadcast, it gives the MAC's as:
60:38:e0:cd:2e:22 for the AP 5GHz
60:38:e0:cd:2e:21 for the AP 2.4 GHz
ba:c9:81:c9:28:1d & 0e:41:58:00:96:71 for the guest (I have both the 2.4 and 5ghz named the same, so I'm not sure which MAC is assigned to which range, but it lists both of those under Guest when I scan on a remote node)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Ok well those guest MACs don’t seem right for the new code.
As long as you replaced the code correctly, my guess is that your browser has the old code cached.

Trying using ctrl+F5 to refresh the interface and remove the guest interface, then set them up again.
You’re looking for the MACs to be almost the same as their parent, but with the second digit and last digit different.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

carverofchoice

Post by carverofchoice »

Yes, when I hit Ctrl-F5, everything looked way different where I normally set up the AP and Guest SSID. I logged into the router, deleted wireless and rebooted the router.

For me it is a little more confusing than the previous GUI. It didn't auto-fill in anything, and no options were hidden now. I selected Gateway, but it still showed all the options for wireless Bridge/Repeater, so I skipped them. Nothing was filled in on Local Network / LAN so I just set the IP to 192.168.1.1 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
The Internet / WAN settings were all empty too, I don't recall filling any of this out before, but now there are tons of settings. Do I need to enter anything into any of these? (I just plugged my modem ethernet into the router and it was fine before when set on DHCP, but now nothing was filled in automatically).
It didn't allow me choose United States on my Location, only world now anywhere it asked.

I tried filling out all the settings on "Wireless" but no matter what I filled out, the save changes button did not do anything, like no action was attached to it at all. It just sat there. I reset/refreshed, tried deleting wireless in the firmware again and rebooting, but it's staying the same, and save changes will not do anything.

Here's several screenshots of how my GUI looks under the Connection - Basic section now. It won't let me do anything. Anyone know why?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GVV9i ... JKdjgbhTCY

I tried to go back to the original "basic.js" to at least be able to use the guest wifi until we can figure this issue out...so I put in the old basic code from a couple weeks ago and deleted wireless and rebooted, and now the GUI will let me access everything except anything in the "CONNECTION" tab, including "basic", it just says: "Bad Gateway The process did not produce any response" if I try to go to Connection or even directly to "Basic". However, the rest of the GUI is accessible. :S

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

With this I already meet - Windows @ Linux (code page) - file structure ...

Probably the best will wait for a new build.
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Something hasn’t gone right in that code replacement. If all options become visible that indicates the JavaScript is fuubar
Need to reflash to fix unfortunately.
I’d do a reflash and then wait until a new build is available with the changes from ispyisail.

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Lantis
this did the same for me - I get all the connection options. If I undo and resave the JS it comes back as normal so there's something in these lines it doesn't like.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

I think they copy/pasted the code from forum and it inserted incorrect quotes around zero (it copied Alt+0147 and Alt+0148 instead of normal double quotes) => js error and everything ruined.

Code should be:

macPair = "0" + parseInt(macPair).toString(16);
macPairs[x] = macPair.substring(macPair.length-2);
However, I'd keep it as:

macPair = parseInt(macPair).toString(16);
macPairs[x] = (macPair.length < 2 ? '0' : '') + macPair;
Last edited by fifonik on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Well spotted ! yes this fixed it . Lantis - it now works and I can delete and recreate the guest network ok.

Please note the list of channels is still incorrect for the UK as channels above 149 aren't listed . Please also note DFS channels seem to be broken on Openwrt/Gargoyle for the WRT32X - they just never come up - as I've said on the Openwrt forum this works perfectly on DDWRT so seems to be a coding rather than a driver/local radar issue.