No internet Archer C7 in bridge mode

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

cmihai

No internet Archer C7 in bridge mode

Post by cmihai »

Hi,

I installed latest Gargoyle firmware (gargoyle_1.9.2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin) on Archer C7 v2 and would like to use it in bridge mode with my CGN2 cable modem/router. C7 works fine as an AP on the same network, but would like to move DHCP responsibility to C7 and get access to QoS.

I have followed instruction posted in "scenario modem". Bringing my CGN2 modem into bridge mode is straighforward. I completed the rest of instructions to the letter, but I don't get internet access in the end.

Tried and retried a couple of time with no avail - most likely it is something really simple that I am missing. I feel really frustated :(

Can anybody suggest what should I double check?

Thanks!
Archer C7 v2 running Gargoyle 1.9.x

Lantis

Re: No internet Archer C7 in bridge mode

Post by Lantis »

If you post your settings here for us to see so we can see whether you have made a mistake.
If I had to guess, your WAN and LAN are not on different subnets
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cmihai

Re: No internet Archer C7 in bridge mode

Post by cmihai »

Thanks for feedback Lantis. Not sure what the issue was, but here is what I did to solve the issue: I did reset back to factory settings both the cable modem and router to ensure that I start from a clean slate. Once the cable modem was set to bridge mode I did not connect the laptop anymore to test internet connectivity (as I did read that the cable modem binds to the MAC address [of the laptop in my case] and then it won't assign an IP address to the router) - instead, I connected the router and everything was fine.
Archer C7 v2 running Gargoyle 1.9.x