WR1043ND v1 - Slow SMB speed

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

przemko

WR1043ND v1 - Slow SMB speed

Post by przemko »

Hi,
I just installed Gargoyle on my WR1043ND v1 router and there is strange behavior.
When I execute an internet speed test, it shows 20MB (both directions). That is my limit set by ISP, so it is OK.
When I copy a file under windows using shared folders between 2 PCs (connected to the routher via ethernet cable), the speed is between 1 and 4 MB/s.

Can you please help me with resolving this issue?

Thanks!

deanMKD

Re: WR1043ND v1 - Slow SMB speed

Post by deanMKD »

1. Gargoyle Version
2. Type of LAN cable, Cat5, Cat6?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

screen shots please

przemko

Post by przemko »

Gargoyle 1.9.0
Cables Category 5e

Please note, that the same cables are used for my regular internet connection and I can download and upload files from the internet with a speed of 20MB/s, so I believe it is not a matter of cables.

I can provide you with screenshots, but please tell me which screens you want to see.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

przemko wrote: When I execute an internet speed test, it shows 20MB (both directions). That is my limit set by ISP, so it is OK.
I think you mean 20Mbps here
przemko wrote: When I copy a file under windows using shared folders between 2 PCs (connected to the routher via ethernet cable), the speed is between 1 and 4 MB/s.
The speed reported by Windows is most likely MB/s (Mega Bytes per second) which is not the same unit as Mbps.

Assuming you are being connected using 100Mbps ethernet, transfer speed of 4MB/s is within lower end of normal range because the theoretical maximum is only around 10MB/s. You need gigabit ethernet to transfer faster.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.