What is the current state of Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Support?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Statik

What is the current state of Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Support?

Post by Statik »

As noted on the installation guide, the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH went through a hardware revision that meant it didn't work with OpenWRT (and thus, Gargoyle), I compiled a version of Gargoyle that fixed the issue, for me, and it has been running great. It lists itself as:

Code: Select all

Gargoyle Version:1.5.X (Built 20120218-2057 git@e01f8d1) 
However, that version is getting a little long in the tooth and I'd like to move up to an official version. Can anyone tell me if the latest 1.6.0 is compatible. and working, with the updated WZR-HP-G300NH?

Thanks!
Statik

Statik

Re: What is the current state of Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Suppo

Post by Statik »

For those who were wondering, the 1.6 version of Gargoyle works fine. I did have to hex edit the first 20 bytes off to fix the bad magic number problem and upload it over serial, but its working great now!

Statik

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi mate wood you like to put up the bin? Just for thos people who cant billed one. I don't need it but you never no! lol there mite be people who come across this page just by googleing for stuff, how i find most things!
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

loplo

Post by loplo »

I have a WZR-HP-G3000NH and Gargoyle is 1.6 working without any issues.
I've installed public image and nothing else.

Although, I'm having the problem with the plugins, the list is not populated in the GUI, on any of my routers (Buffalo, TP-Link, Asus).

jak

Post by jak »

Total novice but stuck with a WZR-HP-G300N which is running as a router on Buffalo version 1.79 but I am getting fed up with it losing connection with VirginMedia Superhub which can only be resolved by re-booting both units. Not sure whether to change to latest DD-WRT which I suspect still suffers this problem or jump in to Open - WRT with Gargoyle 1.60 or 1.61.

Can anyone advise if 1.60 or 1.61 addresses the losing connection issue with this unit. Need it to run Lap top, PC, TV, Blu Ray, androids and a number of Squeezeboxes.