Senao/Engenius EOC-2610/EOC-1650

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

neatomos

Senao/Engenius EOC-2610/EOC-1650

Post by neatomos »

Has anyone tried to flash these series using the utility? I tried flashing the latest 'bleeding edge' to the 1650 series with not much luck. It did flash but didn't pick up after the reset. Would love to run this on those units... the interface/usability of this software looks like it has great potential.

ispyisail

Re: Senao/Engenius EOC-2610/EOC-1650

Post by ispyisail »

yes and no

We have tried with ROBIN and they do flash ok

I suspect Gargoyle will flash and run ok?

Note: You can not reflash back to the orginal firmware once you have flashed it to OpenWRT based firmware

edit: I have now found it is possible to re flash back to the original firmware
Last edited by ispyisail on Fri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

I tried to give it a go... and with the latest firmware (on the 1650 unit) and was unable to get it up and running. Didn't respond... but was able to then reflash it to open-mesh and another to dd-wrt without a hitch. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this yet?

santicaterpilar

Post by santicaterpilar »

believe me you can start the gargoyle software on your device if you want the original firmware back to the manufacturer's website that the manual is easy to do this work of wonder is amazing at first I had problems (I used fon flash) and the last version did not work, just worked a previous version later update from the web interface, the archive .combined the latest version ... Hope that helps .... Excuse my English I speak Spanish

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

There's something weird about 1.3.4 release, and I'm not sure what it is. Suddenly a bunch of people with broadcom routers started having problems with their flash chip, and as you report this atheros device doesn't seem to work either.

However, in the latest source I've bumped up the underlying openwrt version to 10.03 rc3, and this seems to solve this problem (at least for me). I'll make another release within a couple of days (or, if you're adventurous, you can build from the latest source). I have no idea if this fixes the broadcom flash chip issue, since I haven't been able to replicate it, but I'm hoping it will.