failiure during installation Gargoyle on wr1043nd

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

szupi

failiure during installation Gargoyle on wr1043nd

Post by szupi »

Hi,
I installed gargoyle software on my brand new wr1043 according to manual located at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... l-wr1043nd and after all I can not connect to router via web browser. I can access it via putty and I see OpenWrt text logo "Wireless Freedom" etc. but when I try to connect via www it fails. I tried to dig in the Internet but without any success. I am slightly afraid of doing anything not to break router down.

Can I get any clues regarding my problem from you?
Thank you very much in advance.

pbix
Developer

Re: failiure during installation Gargoyle on wr1043nd

Post by pbix »

What version is your router? Look on the label and see.

Also, what version of Gargoyle did you attempt to install?
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

szupi

Post by szupi »

version 1.8, but this problem is already solved with a little help of polish community from eko.one.pl/forum forum :)
But I have another issue. How can I access disk that I share in gargoyle settings?
Regards

nebbia88

Post by nebbia88 »

could you explain what was the problem? you simply did a "/sbin/firstboot"?

to access the disk, it depends on HOW did you share it.. normally via smb/cifs, you just have to type \\router.ip in windows explorer, smb://router.ip on mac.

szupi

Post by szupi »

Hey,
The problem was trivial - I was using opera to connect and it is simply not in good relations with gargoyle, I had to switch to IE.

I have translated polish version of gargoyle which has all options I expected available. I can use my brother usb printer as a network one and I have usb disk available in network neighborhood.

All I need to do now is to experiment a little bit with disk idle mode - I would like it to sleep after some time of not using - do you have any solutions for it?

Regards,
Łukasz

szupi

Post by szupi »

I found earlier hint about installing hd-idle package so I did it and everything works fine for me :)
Now I have everything I expected.
Thank you very much for assistance,
Regards,
Łukasz