TP-LINK Archer C7 no 5GHz radio should I upgrade to 1.9.0?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

chaos40

Re: TP-LINK Archer C7 no 5GHz radio should I upgrade to 1.9.

Post by chaos40 »

One last thing - Tapper intentionally spells "hear" and "break" the other ways? :)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

chaos40 wrote:One last thing - Tapper intentionally spells "hear" and "break" the other ways? :)
I don't think so

I never asked, But I suspect the is using "Speech to text"

tapper

Post by tapper »

I don't use speach to text i am just a crap speller! lol I did not learn to spell until after most people have left hi school. For a lot of crappy reasons, but I can talk the back end off a donkey, so i have bin told!

I use a screen reader as i am blind and the Dictionary in firefox for spell checking which is not grate, but it gets me by. If i need to spell a really hard word then i use google.

One of the things i hate are homophones, they always trip me up, because I spell as i talk or as words sound to me. Most people learn to read and write by recognizing patterns.

I do like that mistake tho lol brake as in slow down not as in break to damage. I did mean to use the spelling break tho.

Pleas don't feel bad about pointing that out, by the way. If that sticks in my head for later usage then you will of dun me a faver.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I don't use speach to text i am just a crap speller! lol I did not learn to spell until after most people have left hi school. For a lot of crappy reasons, but I can talk the back end off a donkey, so i have bin told!
I've got the same problem :)

chaos40

Post by chaos40 »

Ok, well thank you for being so gracious - I certainly meant no offense!

This FW seems to be rock solid. No drops, nothing going on except passing packets. :)

Any idea on AC? It's nice to have N but wondering about AC support at some point in the future.

tapper

Post by tapper »

chaos40 wrote:Ok, well thank you for being so gracious - I certainly meant no offense!

No probs mate it's fine.
:)

This FW seems to be rock solid. No drops, nothing going on except passing packets. :)

Any idea on AC? It's nice to have N but wondering about AC support at some point in the future.
Hi If you flashed the linked firmware I posted from dropbox then you should have AC in the drop down box on the connection page.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

KabukiMan

Post by KabukiMan »

tapper wrote:
Hi If you flashed the linked firmware I posted from dropbox then you should have AC in the drop down box on the connection page.

Hello - I've successfully flashed the Archer C7 v2 (US) to Gargoyle 1.9.x, but I don't see the AC option in the wireless connection page and the dropbox link doesn't seem to work. Has this been incorporated in the 1.9 sysupgrade.bin for the C7? I'd like to get this working, too.

Thanks!

tapper

Post by tapper »

KabukiMan wrote:
tapper wrote:

Hello - I've successfully flashed the Archer C7 v2 (US) to Gargoyle 1.9.x, but I don't see the AC option in the wireless connection page and the dropbox link doesn't seem to work. Has this been incorporated in the 1.9 sysupgrade.bin for the C7? I'd like to get this working, too.

Thanks!
Hi mate new link for you with AC.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/537 ... pgrade.bin
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

KabukiMan

Post by KabukiMan »

Thanks Tapper!

Now it's time to get to work and configure everything!

Cheers!