Monitoring/Quotas/Static IPs all not working

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

woodynz

Monitoring/Quotas/Static IPs all not working

Post by woodynz »

I have used Gargoyle without any issues whatsoever for over a year and it has been great (WRT54G). One day, I changed a setting and it seemed to glitch and brick itself. Anyway, I eventually fixed it using failsafe mode and flashed it with 1.5.4.

I restricted wireless access by MAC address, added static IPs for about 5 machines and set quotas for them.

Everything worked fine for about a week. One day I noticed the quotas were all back to 0.00000%. The router had likely been reset at some stage.

The time was wrong, I couldn't monitor anything in bandwidth monitor (nothing shows up under IP or Hosts - it's all empty) and the static IPs stopped working.

Even though my DHCP range is set to default of 192.168.1.100-254 and there are static IPs set by MAC address, I was now getting assigned IPs between 192.168.1.10-15. It's really bizarre.

So I flashed back to Linksys factory firmware and the re-flashed with another version - 1.40

Set everything up again and kept getting all the same problems, except this time around, Gargoyle didn't even recognise quotas for any IP at all (nothing shows up on logon page to indicate a quota is set).

So I then tried flashing with 1.25, 1.016, 1.47 and then 1.42.

Same problem, every single time. This is driving me crazy.

Is it me or is it my router?! Many thanks in advance. :cry: