The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

SergeS

Re: Version 1.5.11 - Translations

Post by SergeS »

SergeS wrote:
Tank_Killer wrote:
SergeS wrote:Hello everybody.

just switched from 1.5.10 to 1.5.11, router is netgear wndr3700v2.
Have noticed problem with remote web admin. It sets to HTTP (not HTTPS) and remote port 8081 - not working, no connection. Local administering is ok. I did preserve all settings from 1.5.10. When i was trying to refresh remote web admin settings and set it temporary to port 8080, save and restore after that to 8081 again, - remote administering begun working for few minutes and failed again after.

Anybody could confirm?
I have the same issue on my wndr3700v1 actually. in chrome and IE. Just never reported, didn't think it was too huge of a deal.
Was it working on 1.5.10? Mine was working (I believe :-) )... May be on weekend will try to rollback and confirm/deny.
Yes, i am confirming - 1.5.11 on netgear wndr3700v2: remote admin is not working, 1.5.10 - was working with the same settings. All other features looks like working well.

firstreflex

Post by firstreflex »

I don't known why remote admin and remote webcam doesn't work today. It work yesterday. I'm using TP-Link TL-WDR4300 V1.3 with Gargoyle 1.5.11.
Firstreflex - TP-Link TL-WDR4300 V1.3 with Gargoyle 1.6.0

SergeS

Post by SergeS »

firstreflex wrote:I don't known why remote admin and remote webcam doesn't work today. It work yesterday. I'm using TP-Link TL-WDR4300 V1.3 with Gargoyle 1.5.11.
In my case (see above) it was working just few minutes after saving settings for remote admin. No responding after that.

nieroster

Post by nieroster »

ispyisail wrote:
attempting to preserve settings
Sometimes it doesn't work

reflash with default, then program
Isn't there any faster way of removing the menu entry instead of reflashing/reconfiguring the router? Where does it store the menu entries?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

The menu entries are stored in the gargoyle global settings file /etc/config/gargoyle, and you can either manually edit this file or use the uci utility to update the "display" section of this file.

The easiest way to remove the Tor menu is to run the following command from the command line:

Code: Select all

uci delete gargoyle.display.connection_tor ; uci commit ;

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

With respect to remote admin -- I haven't been able to replicate this bug using Firefox, but will investigate with other browsers.

Also, anyone experiencing issues with remote admin -- the replies above seem inconsistent on whether this is happening with both https and http connections. In the case of https, the problem may be that you can't assign a valid https certificate to an arbitrary/dynamic IP address, so the browser will always complain of certificate/security errors, and chrome may complain more aggressively than others, entirely preventing the connection. Can someone experiencing this confirm that this isn't just https/certificate issues?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

One more thing: I notice one person (firstreflex) above indicates they have webcam enabled when remote admin is failing. I've noticed webcam is a feature that is REALLY cpu intensive, and can make the whole router a bit sluggish. If you are experiencing issues and have webcam enabled you may want to try disabling it, or if you really need the webcam feature reduce your resolution/framerate.

nieroster

Post by nieroster »

Eric wrote:The menu entries are stored in the gargoyle global settings file /etc/config/gargoyle, and you can either manually edit this file or use the uci utility to update the "display" section of this file.

The easiest way to remove the Tor menu is to run the following command from the command line:

Code: Select all

uci delete gargoyle.display.connection_tor ; uci commit ;
This worked perfektly, thanks!

chateau

Post by chateau »

I was using Gargoyle 1.5.10 on my D-Link DIR-615 v.E4 without any problem. Wifi was pretty good and flawless too. Then I decided to try 1.5.11 update. Installation was successful without preserve settings. I configured and enabled wireless in router, that was fine too. But when I rebooted the router, all configuration was lost and router reverted back to its' original gargoyle settings. Then I configured the router again, but no luck. It runs fine as long as I don't reboot the router. The router resets its' configuration while it reboots.
I can confirm that my DIR-601 A1 also will not retain configuration using 1.5.11. As above it seems to work fine for my use. I do not use WiFi so that was not tested. A power down will loose configurations and revert back to original.

Due to a senior moment problem, I had to do a D-Link restore (Reset button down while powering up with amber power light) to install 1.5.10 but it seems to work OK and does retain settings after a power down.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »