OpenVPN Client mode Error: Could not find config file

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

eforce

Re: OpenVPN Client mode Error: Could not find config file

Post by eforce »

Just like to add my 2 cents and say I've also got this problem as well. :evil:

ylsf

Post by ylsf »

Did anyone ever figure this out? I tried renaming the ovpn files to .conf , I tried moving the path to a shorter one. I tried renaming the long file name to a shorter one. Tried loading both the single .conf and the zip with a bunch of confs.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

1.6.2 is working perfect for me

1.7.0 has reports of problems

What versions are you guys using?

ylsf

Post by ylsf »

I am on 1.7 here and having issues as per above.

Cachorro

Post by Cachorro »

Hi Powerlogy, hi all.

I am surprised that this feature is proudly announced by Gargoyle, yet no one seems to be able to get it to work. And no support is offered by anyone in the forums. This Post it self is now over 2 yrs old, and yet not a solution to it has been published. Seen some dating to 2009, however.

I have also posted my own question on this. Now going on 3 months without any answers provided.

Can anyone explain why this feature is said to be available, yet there is no documentation or support for it?

I am on version 1.6.2

Thanks.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Cachorro wrote:Hi Powerlogy, hi all.

I am surprised that this feature is proudly announced by Gargoyle, yet no one seems to be able to get it to work. And no support is offered by anyone in the forums. This Post it self is now over 2 yrs old, and yet not a solution to it has been published. Seen some dating to 2009, however.

I have also posted my own question on this. Now going on 3 months without any answers provided.

Can anyone explain why this feature is said to be available, yet there is no documentation or support for it?

I am on version 1.6.2

Thanks.
I use OpenVPN through Gargoyle every second day?

Its stable as

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I am on version 1.6.2
Tell me what you want to do with OpenVPN?

Eric has designed the Gargoyle version of OpenVPN to be router to router

I use it as Client to router

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I had a quick read of this full thread

Gargoyle OpenVPN can be used in 3 ways that I know of

1. Router to Router (fully supported)
2. Client to Router (Semi supported)
3. Router to Service provider (Not supported)

This thread seams to have a mixture of all three uses?

On top of that there is a mixture of different version of gargoyle

1.6.2 works
1.7.0 does not work
some older versions also have had problems

I think we need one thread per person

fg6

Post by fg6 »

StopSpazzing wrote:This is a bug. Still present on current version 1.6.1. Sorry for bringing a 4 month old post back but problem still exists.
Cachorro wrote:I am surprised that this feature is proudly announced by Gargoyle, yet no one seems to be able to get it to work. And no support is offered by anyone in the forums. This Post it self is now over 2 yrs old, and yet not a solution to it has been published. Seen some dating to 2009, however. I have also posted my own question on this. Now going on 3 months without any answers provided. Can anyone explain why this feature is said to be available, yet there is no documentation or support for it?
Over 7 years now since the first bug report and nothing has been accomplished. I know this firmware is free but it is still wrong to claim VPN support when the feature is totally broken.

In Status / Connection / OpenVPN / OpenVPN client / Upload Client Configuration Files
the option "Single Zip File" is undefined / undocumented and does not work. Once you try this option it keeps repeating the same error, even if you switch back to "Configure Client Manually".

I pressed the RESET button in the OpenVPN panel hoping to regain control of client configuration options, but when I tried to change the settings again, this time it got stuck in an endless loop on "Please wait while settings are applied." When I opened a new tab and returned to the OpenVPN menu, the manual configuration settings had been cleared but any attempt to create new settings now fails. The GUI simply hangs on "Please wait..."

There may be some kind of timeout bug with the GUI login cookie too. But that is only the tip of the iceberg where bugs are concerned. Now it shows the VPN server settings when client is selected in the drop-down menu and it simply hangs when I try to change anything. Users should be warned upon download that the VPN client is badly broken. The OpenWRT GUI is also extremely sluggish even when it works, and many features have been broken for many years in so many ways that I do not consider this to be a usable firmware. Future development efforts would be far better spent on porting Tomato & AdvancedTomato to the "supported" Gargoyle hardware platforms.

References
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3985
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6630
Last edited by fg6 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Could you please provide examples of other bugs you would like squashed?

Please also feel free to contribute to the development where possible.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.