Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

leepoffaith

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by leepoffaith »

Using Gargoyle for the first time ever. I loaded 1.5.8 onto my WNDR3700v2 and the firmware upgrade when flawlessly. I was on Netgear 1.0.0.12 firmware which was not the most recent so I'm not sure if that matters. Thus far I love Gargoyle. It's extremely quick and very easy to work with. I have no programming background what so ever so I'm struggling a bit to get a DLNA program onto it, but I'm hoping I'll figure that out soon enough. I have had a few small issues with 1.5.8 and I've shared them below. If there is anything I can do to help fix these, please let me know.

1. Under USB Storage the NFS access will not stay at read/write. It defaults on read and even if you change and save it to read/write it defaults back to read automatically.

2. UPnP is not working. I have an ip camera as well as Vulkano (like a slingbox) and both of these used UPnP to open up the ports they needed so I could use them outside my home network just fine with the standard netgear firmware. Now they are not doing so and I have to manually port forward them. Once I do that, all works well. The odd part is that under UPnP it lists a udp port forward for my laptop. So maybe UPnP is working, but only for certain devices?

If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Phoebus

Post by Phoebus »

leepoffaith wrote:I have had a few small issues with 1.5.8
If I find anything else I'll let you know.
I went back to 1.5.6
I was getting flaky wifi *or perhaps router) performance with some apps/devices.

Statix

Post by Statix »

I heard OpenWRT uses sch_codel and/or sch_fq_codel (a queuing discipline designed to combat buffer bloat) for its QoS functions. Does Gargoyle also use CoDel?

I'm using the Netgear WNDR3700v2 with this current version of Gargoyle. Fwiw, I've tested my buffer bloat using the Netalyzer analysis tool, and I get ~2000ms+ of buffer bloat on my upload and download with QoS turned off, but only ~65ms of buffer bloat with QoS turned on. So some sorta magic is happening, I presume.
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - Gargoyle 1.6.1

Dev_BR

Post by Dev_BR »

Statix wrote: I get ~2000ms+ of buffer bloat on my upload and download with QoS turned off, but only ~65ms of buffer bloat with QoS turned on. So some sorta magic is happening, I presume.
could you explain what this difference means? Is it good or bad?

ryder

Post by ryder »

I am going to flash my TP-Link WR2543ND ver 1.2 with Gargoyle 1.5.8. Can someone confirm compatibility of this router version?

Thanks

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Won't be confirmed until you do it but everything looks to be ready. The image you need is in the download section
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

alternative

Post by alternative »

IF i switch wan port to lan on my mr3220 or tl1043 , in wifi wan mode,the routers come unresponsive.then falesafe mode helps only. :(

apa64

Post by apa64 »

I have trouble mounting ext3-formatted USB drive to NetGear WNDR3700v2 with Gargoyle 1.5.8. More details here: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=3605

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

SirLancelot1982

Post by SirLancelot1982 »

I just figured out what Was my mistake with TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND. I flashed Gargoyle 1.5.8 and Print Server not working at all so I want to check this functionality on latest original TP-LINK Firmware:

wr1043nv1_en_3_13_12_up_boot(120405).bin

but I forget about one important thing. Earlier I successful revert back to original software because I used this firmware:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/lib ... gl%2FXRbuZ

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... l_firmware

I completely forget about very important thing that reverted firmware can't have bootloader included("boot" in the file name):

http://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-wr1043nd#p ... gofirmware

I give this as a warning.

Month without router... TP-LINK Service at last send me a new one.
---

Best Regards

SirLancelot1982

#---#
ROUTER: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
HW: 1.8
SW: Gargoyle 1.5.8
#---#