Version 1.5.4 & 1.4.7

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

LHoust

Re: Version 1.5.4 & 1.4.7

Post by LHoust »

Unfortunately I have a long list of Host MAC/IP Address for Gargoyle's DHCP Server!!! Therefore after performing a Configuariton Reset, what I did was to Extract the hosts/ethers Files from the "Old" Configuration File and Copy/Paste those values into through Gargoyle's GUI... Everything seems "Good" now???

Additionally I have found the Wireless AP Function of the V2.4 Hardware Revision appears to be more "Stable" than it was on the V1.9 Hardware Revision... Hence I wonder if TP-Link might have made an "Improvement" to their WiFi Hardware???

victor

Post by victor »

I'm having TP link wr741nd ver. 2.4
From time to time I have to reboot it because internet doen't work anymore and I cannot connect to router ip address also. I don't have any special configuration. There was also no upgrade done... it's fresh install of Gargoyle firmware.

scalawag

Post by scalawag »

This is one of the best versions i've used! And the good news is i'm able to use it again on my Ubiquiti Nanostation 2. Since 1.3.7 that it looses configuration when disconnecting from the power source. GOOD JOB!!

Dude_Virus

Post by Dude_Virus »

Having issues with gargoyle firmware. The WAN port doesnt detect any connection. It was all working fine and I was on the 1.5.4 v and since the past 2 days it started fluctuating detecting the WAN connection and even the light would go off. Since yesterday morning it went out completely. I connected the modem directly to the pc and the internet is working. I reset the router i tried reflashing the firmware with no luck...I did a 30-30-30- reset and loaded the stock firmware and the WAN port detects the signal instantly on it and the router works. So i reflashed the gargoyle stable 1.4.7 but the same issue the WAN port doesnt detect the connection from the modem. I am using a netgeear wndr3700v2. Can someone please help. the original stock firmware sucks as it doesnt let my phone get a wifi connecton.. it keeps on denying access stating its incorrect security so that is why i desperately need the gargoyle.

LHoust

Post by LHoust »

Just received TL-WR841ND in the Mail, although to my surprise the hardware revision is 7.2!

Has anyone been successful with this hardware revision and if so which "Stable" Firmware Release was used???

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

LHoust wrote:Just received TL-WR841ND in the Mail, although to my surprise the hardware revision is 7.2!

Has anyone been successful with this hardware revision and if so which "Stable" Firmware Release was used???
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

There is no stable release for v. 7.2 of the TL-WR841ND

Only supported in Trunk builds of OpenWRT

You will need to wait for a new OpenWRT stable release before you
will see it working fully with Gargoyle.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Rapsody

Post by Rapsody »

Hi,

I have installed version 1.4.7 on TP Link WR1043ND. I have some questions/problems:

1. I cannot connect to the router. It gives me "invalid password" in WEB GUI and ""Access denied" if i use SSH.
2. Is there any way to restrict access to WebGUI and SSH only to selected MAC addresses?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

1. The default password is "password" (all lower case). If you set it to something else the password will be whatever you set.

2. No. Just set a strong password.

Rapsody

Post by Rapsody »

Hi. I've changed the default password. Sometimes i can access the router. If i power off/on the router it works.

LHoust

Post by LHoust »

Two to Three Weeks ago I started having a "New" Issue with 1.4.7 on my TP-WR741ND (being used Wired ONLY) where the Router started reconnecting to the Internet over 10 times a day (the Internet Provider tells me these are User Re-connects)!!! With a really old D-Link DI-604 Wired Router or with a "New" TP-WR941ND with Factory Firmware (Build 120201) this "New" Reconnecting Issue is NOT present. Although N300 with the TP-WR941ND with the Factory Firmware seems "Solid", the "Extra" Features which Gargoyle Firmware provides will be sorely missed!!! :(

NOTE: The Internet Provider is AEI Internet and the Phone Company is BELL (Montreal, Canada). The Line was also checked by BELL.