How Disable Daylight Saving Time ?

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

blackbird52

How Disable Daylight Saving Time ?

Post by blackbird52 »

Hi
Thank for your great work.
I have 2 TPLINK old device
1.TL-WR1043N/ND v1 2.TL-WA901N/ND v2
both on Gargoyle v1.10 because weak HW on 1 and no support on 2 they serve just as AP on my home network
This year in my country IRAN rule for DST have been changed and DST is no longer in use. but in Gargoyle time forward 1 hour and there is no way to disable DST as in windows OS.
Please tell me there is any way to fix this by some manual command to disable applying DST ?

Lantis

Re: How Disable Daylight Saving Time ?

Post by Lantis »

Modify the file at /www/data/timezones.txt
Change

Code: Select all

"UTC+03:30 TiZ.IRST"		"IRST-3:30IRDT,80/0,264/0"		"asia"
To

Code: Select all

"UTC+03:30 TiZ.IRST"		"IRST-3:30"		"asia"
You’ll then need to go to the Timezone selection page and switch to another time zone, then switch back.
If all working ok, please let me know so I can update this into the code for future versions.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

blackbird52

Post by blackbird52 »

Dear Lantis i did as your instructed by WinSCP and can confirm time is show correctly now. thank you a million :)
so can you confrim if our crazy governor change it back to DST i just back the line in timezones.txt ?

Regard Blackbird

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes indeed, if they change back you can just revert the change.
It looks like Iran changes its mind quite a lot ;)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.