Router not connecting to wireless modem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

cordialluck

Router not connecting to wireless modem

Post by cordialluck »

Hello. I've been using Gargoyle for a while now and recently switched to TPLink Archer C7 routers.

The Archer C7 router so far has behaved well. I connected two Ubiquiti antenna to the C7 router and then connected the C7 router with Gargoyle to a Huawei fibre optic modem (FOM). This would behave just fine - you could connect to either Ubiquiti booster antennae and then have internet access.

Recently, I had emergency and had to connect the Archer C7 router to a TPLINK MR600 wireless modem router. I assumed that there would be no need to change any Gargoyle settings and the network would carry on but just at a slower speed. Unfortunately the Gargoyle router completely refused to connect to the wireless modem router. If I however connect directly to the MR600 and bypass Gargoyle we are fine. Also if I connect Gargoyle to the FOM, also fine.

Any ideas? This seems to be a configuration issue. Gargoyle won't allow connections to the TPLink MR600.

Lantis

Re: Router not connecting to wireless modem

Post by Lantis »

How are you connecting to the MR600? And to be clear this was instead of the Huawei fibre modem?

If this is a LAN (from MR600) to WAN (of Archer C7), the only real issue would be if the LAN subnets conflicted.
WAN and LAN subnets must be different.

Otherwise, much more detail required to try and help you.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cordialluck

Post by cordialluck »

The MR600 is connected to the Archer C7 usng a Cat7 cable. And ys, this a straight swap out of the Huawei fibre modem for MR600. No other changes to network settings.

Let me take a look at the subnets first. Great point.

cordialluck

Post by cordialluck »

After playing around with various configurations for a few days - I decided to move the MR600 to another gargoyle router (older gargoyle firmware though) that was stable with wifi modem.

This gargoyle router also rejected the MR600.

Then I used another brand of wifi modem and connected it to the gargoyle router. Other wifi modem didn't seem to create any problems for the gargoyle firmware.

Concluded problem is with the TP-Link MR600. I'll make a point not to use it as the lan for gargoyle enabled routers and we should be just fine.