Q: New version Gargoyle still under developping? and Fon-Flash

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

RadioOperator

Q: New version Gargoyle still under developping? and Fon-Flash

Post by RadioOperator »

Hi All,
I'm new here, and ask 2 questions:
1. version 1.14.x, when ?
2. The fon-flash module in the src, I don't know how to use it or it's useful or not, every fw still included the fon-flash function or we could config to remove it from fw.

Thanks
Last edited by RadioOperator on Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Re: Q: New version Gargoyle still under developping? and Fon-Fash

Post by Lantis »

There won’t be an official new version for some time. I’m working very slowly on 1.15 as the next evolution of the experimental branch. I expect to have some time around Christmas to work on it.

FonFlash is used to load very old legacy devices. It may not be required anymore, but it’s also not taking up any space on devices so no action required.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

RadioOperator

Re: Q: New version Gargoyle still under developping? and Fon-Flash

Post by RadioOperator »

Thanks, Lantis, very glad to hear Gargoyle new version news. And if FonFlash not useful, should drop it.

Lantis

Re: Q: New version Gargoyle still under developping? and Fon-Flash

Post by Lantis »

Not really my call to make and I don't want to drop something i'm not 100% confident isn't needed anymore :)
It's not doing any harm :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.