Bridges, Virtual APs and PBR

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

odhiambo

Bridges, Virtual APs and PBR

Post by odhiambo »

Hello friends,

I am new to Gargoyle, having just discovered it yesterday while seeking a solution for a friend. I have managed to install v1.13.0 on my TP-Link Archer C7v5 and I am loving the QoS bits as those are what my friend wanted.

Coming from a background of dd-wrt, and being an advanced user, I seem a little lost on how to implement some options that I had in dd-wrt. Most importantly are the mentioned three subject issues:

1. Can I create separate bridges complete with their own DHCP servers?
2. Can I create virtual APs and assign them to a bridge?
3. Can I do Policy Based Routing for the VPN connection?

I'd love my guest network to be on a different subnet than my main one. I also want a situation where all my traffic is not going through the VPN tunnel as there are times I need my traffic to be local (go via my ISP gateway).
So far I do not see how to achieve the above. I have tried searching the forum for clues, but probably my search-foo is off the mark.

Thanking you in advance for any pointers.

Lantis

Re: Bridges, Virtual APs and PBR

Post by Lantis »

Hi, all of those things are achievable via command line configuration as it applies to OpenWrt. However, it is likely you will lose some of the capability of Gargoyle in doing so, or will need to be careful in using the GUI to make other changes as it may overwrite your custom ones.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

odhiambo

Re: Bridges, Virtual APs and PBR

Post by odhiambo »

Thank you for the response. I will let my friend use Gargoyle for QoS and I will stick with dd-wrt.