Gargoyle on USR9106

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

succo

Gargoyle on USR9106

Post by succo »

last days i was struggling with openwrt to make my usr9108 (brcm63xx) a wireless bridge client for my home network, but couldn't make the wifi part work, no way how hard i tried, i couldn't ping the router through wireless on wds.
i was quite disappointed, but as far as i saw gargoyle supported client bridge for chips other than brcm47xx i HAD to try
there is no brcm63xx target, but i first tried a make custom with a 63xx target and brcm wireless but had some difficulties with the packages to be installed, so tried the 'easy' way, copying the brcm47xx target folder to a brcm63xx target folder, changing in the config file the 47xx to 63xx (and the 47xx_b43 to 63xx_broadcom) and, know what? now i have a working gargoyled usr9108 with working wireless bridge!!!
i'd suggest the developers, if possible, to add the 'standard' brcm63xx target, as right now i (and anyone wanting to try this way) will need to compile every package by hand, as of course there is no package folder for 63xx in the repositories

anyway, all i wanted to say is a BIG THANKS!!!

doraess

Re: Gargoyle on USR9106

Post by doraess »

I have a usr9106 router, but I am no familiar with Gargoyle. Could yo post the binary file you installed in your router, in order to have a try?

Thanks!

succo

Post by succo »

as far as i can remember this is my 9108 build of gargoyle, even if it's named openwrt
i found it in a folder on my desktop and it's the newer build for 9108, shouldn't it work or shouldn't it be a gargoyle build you could try this, but it seems to be older than the other one

let me know, bye

holylander

Post by holylander »

Hi Succo!
Thanks very much for your post. I have a Comtrend CT-5361 (Brcm63xx), follow this link to see its specs:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/comtrend/ct5361
with openwrt-96348GW-squashfs-bc300-cfe.bin Open-wrt firmware (backfire 1.3) working fine. However, I would like to install gargoyle because I get lost myself in the configuration UI of Openwrt. I mostly want this working, in order to use WPA2-AES AP-WDS mode....
I found your binary files and worked, however, I dint get the WDS working. I would like to ask you which are the steps to upgrade open Openwrt UI to Gargoyle trough SSH. Or how did u manage to get this build. I dont see any "usr9108" on gargoyle website download section.

Thanks a lot !! it will be great to know to install it to all the brcm63xx users!

succo

Post by succo »

honestly i didn't try wds as i didn't want to half my bandwidth, i just wanted a wireless bridge and it just works, so i don't think i can help in any way :(

holylander

Post by holylander »

Well, actually that's what I am looking for, a wireless bridge ! :) how did u manage to install gargoyle package over openwrt backfire?

cjrivsua

Re: Gargoyle on Comtrend CT-5361/CT-536+

Post by cjrivsua »

Hello, I have 2 wireless routers Comtrend: CT-5361(HG536+) and CT-536+ with hardware architecture: Broadcom BCM96348

Sucessfully installed Gargoyle v1.3 from "Succo" (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5UGW1M3)

But client+AP is not supported in this old version.

Could you upgrade to this firmware version: v1.5.2 of the Gargoyle with Client+AP support and USB too?; but it would be interesting to record the details as you get it step by step because you're great. :lol: