X-FTA dongle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Canuck Knarf

X-FTA dongle

Post by Canuck Knarf »

Hi everyone ...I just bought a X-FTA dongle. I followed all the instruction . The problem I'm having is where I put my private server info . The info I have is leave the host name alone ...put port 11112 in user name timmy and password worren..Next it says hit build config file ..wait...then hit start...It will not start..??
I have even tried putting in my own private server info and get the same ...It just won't start..Any help would be great

DoesItMatter

Re: X-FTA dongle

Post by DoesItMatter »

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ?f=8&t=995

Check that thread.

I am not even sure if the X-FTA dongle is fully supported yet
by OpenWRT, and looks like its a very touchy device.

If it does not have Gargoyle running on it, need to check with
the manufacturer forums.

You might also check this thread:

http://dsspros.com/forum/other-reciever ... wfemu.html

Looks like someone modified a Gargoyle firmware?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Canuck Knarf

Post by Canuck Knarf »

Just to let you know ...I have it working. I noticed using internet explorer was given bad font's ... I used FireFox to add all my info ...and all is great :D

Canuck Knarf

Post by Canuck Knarf »

tvtuner52

Post by tvtuner52 »

unable to log into my xfta dongle I have tried hooking it up to my laptop and it won't connect to it
running win 7 home premium w sp1
and I can't get it working again on my vs 9000
can anyone help
it has wfemu 023mex loaded into it and i want to load the newer firware
can anyone help me
please and thank you ( canuck eh )

JSKR

Post by JSKR »

Your best bet is to reset your X-Fta box yoou will notice a small hole near the powercoard tale a pen, nail or other object place in the hole and hold down the button in there for approx 1 min with the router plugged in. Once you have done this you will need to disconnect your PC/laptop from your modem or router and plug it directly into the X-FTA box open your browser (pref FireFox, any thing but IE) and in the address-bar type 192.168.1.1 this should bring you to the log in page. From here you will need to re-do everything just as you did when you first recieved your router . . .
Good Luck!

marcos

Post by marcos »

i can not get into the page for gargoyle. 192.168.1.1 also i was wondering if i can get some help troubling shooting the set up for x fta dongle. I entered everything like i was supposed to but i get a message saying failed to connect to card server. also could you tell me what number i am supposed to put in ap gateway?

danielv472

Post by danielv472 »

ok marcos /I had the same problem where i counld not log in after setting up the dongle for wifi. I litterly had to go and turn on my old pc that had an pentium 4 prosesser in with s/w windows xp on it.I had to disregard those istructions for to put in 192.168.1.1 change that too 192.168.1.2 that is where my prob started. I set it up as an acess point client with wifi to get it to work proerly and turned of the other lan ports. I had switched it from wireless/repeater to gateway then i changed it to the ip address as 192.168.1.120. This is wile it was pluged into one of the ports on the xfta dongle. And after i did that it has been working awseomely i also set it to dhcp witch gave the ip of 192.168.1.113 woks good on vista with ie no prob at all. Just to give you an idea to follow a difrent way. Because i have an linksys wrt54G i think the fimware is 1.2.3 or something like that. And after that i put in my ps info this case it is rocket. so in host name you the ip addy or the sever name like for examplehotcandy.dyndns.net. and then put your username in then your password then des key after that select save all. And you should have tv.macke shure you select the right receiver in the dropdown menu too. just to help you out with this just my opion on the subject thats all :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
testing vs 9000HD
Limesat ultra
Satzen Z500
old retired
CW 3000HD
DB 600pvr
Coolsat 6000
Coolsat 6100
CNX Nano
Nano 2
Trio

saks4545

Post by saks4545 »

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH XFTA DONGLE NO WLAN CANT ACCESS THE LOG IN PAGE FROM MY ROUTER IT DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP
IN THE ATTACHED DEVICES THE OTHER DONGLE I HAVE IS WORKING GREAT
CAN SOMEONE OFFER SOME ADVICE PLS HIGLY APPRECIATED,
XFTA DONGLE WITH NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER CANT EVEN RESET THE DONGLE DOESNT DO ANYTHING AT ALL

hans

Post by hans »

i did rset few time still not able to log in help please