Version 1.3.14

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

kris87

Re: Version 1.3.14

Post by kris87 »

pbix wrote:Check your modem logs. Most likely a problem with your line or ISP. There have been no recent changes in Gargoyle related to PPPoE.
My modem is OK in 100%. Other fw like stock or dd-wrt is fine and stable. I reverted back to dd-wrt build 15962 and everything is perfect with connection now.

behappy

Post by behappy »

Do you use yr modem in half-bridge mode?
Get access to yr router by putty then read yr logread. Can you see repeatedly yr ISP's ip connections here from?
Whats yr routers GW versus IP?

kris87

Post by kris87 »

behappy wrote:Do you use yr modem in half-bridge mode?
Get access to yr router by putty then read yr logread. Can you see repeatedly yr ISP's ip connections here from?
Whats yr routers GW versus IP?
I have d-link 360r adsl router, I don't know anything about supported bridge modes of this router.
GW:145.236.238.95
IP: 84.2.71.177

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

Couple of issues:

Atheros gear doesn't use WDS in the same way as broadcom does; you still need to enable a virtual AP when using WDS in order for other devices to be able to connect to the AP. Essentially needs to work pretty much the same way as repeater bridge mode, but using "option 'wds' '1'"...(this works fine, tested using modified wireless configs)

Refresh time when rebooting isn't long enough...needs about another 20 seconds added to it so that the router will have restarted in time to serve the webpage...

Tested out with 2x Netgear WNDR3700

ruriruri

Post by ruriruri »

HI, How do I set PPPoA on gargoyle? I need it for my ISP.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Gargoyle does not support PPPoA.

Only PPPoE is available.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

neyoung

Post by neyoung »

New to this forum and the firmware.

When I try to check out B/W Distribution it allows me to view by minutes, quarter hours, hours, days, and months. All seem to work fine except for days. When I click on days, the distribution interval drop down doesn't change and allow me to select a day. I know this feature worked when I first installed the firmware, and still occasionally does work. Also, sometimes the B/W Distribution page opens, but the pie charts and the B/W Distribution table doesn't load.

The issue occurs in both Safari and Firefox.

I'm running a wrt54g-tm

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

neyoung wrote:When I try to check out B/W Distribution it allows me to view by minutes, quarter hours, hours, days, and months. All seem to work fine except for days. When I click on days, the distribution interval drop down doesn't change and allow me to select a day. I know this feature worked when I first installed the firmware, and still occasionally does work. Also, sometimes the B/W Distribution page opens, but the pie charts and the B/W Distribution table doesn't load.
I've had problems with that screen and the QOS Distribution window as well. I just tried Opera 11 (not the latest, that didn't work) and it works better than any other browser I've tried. If it doesn't show up the first time you click it, click away from it and back to it until it shows up...then it will be there for good (for that session???).

Get it at http://www.oldapps.com
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

sodapopdima

Post by sodapopdima »

@Eric
looks like this version, and any version since 1.3.9 works on the WRT150n V1.1, but the later version's don't allow wireless to enable. Same applies for wrt350n. Can something in the code have broken this?