No access to web gui on secondary router via vpn

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tob99

No access to web gui on secondary router via vpn

Post by tob99 »

I have a problem to access my secondary router when i'm outside my home being connected to my open vpn server.

I have two routers at my home. Both of them work on gargoyle. First of them works as a main home router and open vpn server. Vpn works fine: when i'm outside i have access to internet, to printer shared in my local network, to shared disk and to main router's web gui.
The second router works as wireless AP. No dhcp server, vpn etc. It is connected to the main router with it's lan port and uses static ip address from main router's range.

When i'm at home i can connect to secondary router's web gui and log in it and also i can ssh into it.

But the problem is i can't connect to secondary router's web gui and ssh into it when i'm outside and i'm connected via open vpn server on main router.

Do you have any idea what the secondary router is not available when i'm connected via open vpn?
now x86 1.15 beta
wrt32x
archer c6
archer c2
archer c7
tl-wr1043ND

Lantis

Re: No access to web gui on secondary router via vpn

Post by Lantis »

Can you connect to any other device behind the router via the VPN?
It is likely a routing issue. If you could share your openvpn settings for validation that will help.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tob99

Re: No access to web gui on secondary router via vpn

Post by tob99 »

Yes, i can connect to other devices like printer's web gui, sat stb's web gui.

I have solved my problem, i made a mistake in getway ip address. There was one digit missing, after changing ip address to correct i can get to secondary router's web gui from vpn.

Thank you Lantins and other guys for developing gargoyle.
now x86 1.15 beta
wrt32x
archer c6
archer c2
archer c7
tl-wr1043ND