Spectrum throttling router or WNDR3700v2 bug?

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sadpanda

Spectrum throttling router or WNDR3700v2 bug?

Post by sadpanda »

ver 1.13 - no plugins/vpn/qos etc

Spectrum gave our area the 'free' upgrade to 300 a while back and I seem to remember pulling 300/10 as a result no problem.

I decided to upgrade to 500/20 which required a new modem and now big problems.

Without any setting changes I was getting 90/20. After trying to spoof another mac address and fiddling with settings to no avail I figured I would try a fresh flash.

On fresh 1.13 flash with connect via:disabled, lan DHCPv6 disabled I pulled 150/20. Then I changed connect via to DHCPv6 and pulled 320/25 one time. Subsequent runs are back to 150-120 range and sirq is hitting 99% on download.

Interestingly, if I change the setting back and rerun as soon as the router finishes updating settings, I again hit 350 one time and subsequent runs are in the 100s.

Lantis

Re: Spectrum throttling router or WNDR3700v2 bug?

Post by Lantis »

You’re above and beyond the capacity of that device.
The one time result is likely an artefact of the firewall only being partially rebooted between save events. If you give it time to properly save, you wouldn’t see that result (I expect).

Connect via disabled on both should turn it into a dumb switch, and if you’re just going LAN to LAN, that should be full speed.
Not using the WAN port though.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

sadpanda

Re: Spectrum throttling router or WNDR3700v2 bug?

Post by sadpanda »

Sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks.