Port Forwards between versions

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

rockyd

Port Forwards between versions

Post by rockyd »

I have found what file the Port Forwards are stored in 1.12.0 and tried copying them in to the same file on 1.13.0. They seem to work, would there be any issue with doing that?

Lantis

Re: Port Forwards between versions

Post by Lantis »

No it won't work doing that unless you add

Code: Select all

option family 'ipv4'
to each port forwarding rule.

The firewall changed massively, I would not recommend doing what you're doing.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rockyd

Post by rockyd »

I did a test rule in 1.13 and compared it to the 1.12 rule, I did not see
option family 'ipv4'
for some reason. I have just done the test rule again, and I do see it now.
Strangely the port forwards still worked without it. By worked my web server was still reachable, through the 1.13 gargoyle.
I also messed around with going to my web server via the ipv6 address, which seemed to work. Discovered my Octoprint server was reachable via IPV6, which its not supposed to be so need to suss out what I need to do block that from being online.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Nevermind, i added code to handle the lack of family to semi support migrating from 1.12-1.13, i forgot i did that.

I still don't think it is a great idea.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.