TL-WDR3600 (1.13.0) router stops giving dhcp address and stops allowing traffic

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jeremycobert

TL-WDR3600 (1.13.0) router stops giving dhcp address and stops allowing traffic

Post by jeremycobert »

Gargoyle Version:1.13.0
Model:TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1

So I am not sure which setting is causing this, but I can get the router into a broken state where it stops giving out dhcp addresses and does not allow traffic our past the router. I can factory reset and its fine.

I set up the router with my forced dhcp clients and a few other settings like DNS and then took a back up, then rebooted and it broke, so I factory reset, it works, then while working I loaded that saved version and its broken.

while in a broken state, I was able to manually set my pc's ip address and was able to ping the router, the isp gateway but not www.google.com. forcing my IP allowed me to open the routers webpage.

Lantis

Re: TL-WDR3600 (1.13.0) router stops giving dhcp address and stops allowing traffic

Post by Lantis »

Are you using “enforce dhcp allocations”? Try without.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jeremycobert

Re: TL-WDR3600 (1.13.0) router stops giving dhcp address and stops allowing traffic

Post by jeremycobert »

thanks, wiped it and started over and it seems to be working without the enforced checked.

Embarrassing.