Can I buy a router with gargoyle preinstalled?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ztugdriver

Can I buy a router with gargoyle preinstalled?

Post by ztugdriver »

Does anyone know where I can buy a router with Gargoyle already installed? Thanks for the help.

corkuck

Re: Can I buy a router with gargoyle preinstalled?

Post by corkuck »

I'm not a fan of now and where I got 4 of these. But no one seems to have them ready and on the shelf. And ready to go. Here is what I did at $21 each. They aren't much but they do work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203506429498

See this post that is still open ended. I don't think anyone wishes to provide a (Good) Router Ready to go off the shelf. Don't know the reason. I will to pay but no one is taking me up on it.

Search the Gargoyle Form, for my POST labeled:

"Buy or find For Sale Gargoyle Router pre-loaded ready to be shipped?"

Crickets.

I think I would even go at it on my own (load them) if I knew of a good router to use (based on other/s experiences) with good availability (Not to old of a technology). But I rather pay someone to do it for me. I'm looking for 4 of them. Or more depending on the end cost.

Lantis

Re: Can I buy a router with gargoyle preinstalled?

Post by Lantis »

Because it’s financially suicidal to provide such a service.
I would have to buy stock of routers for X price.
Spend time unboxing all of them, flashing all of them, and reboxing.
I manage to sell 5 if I’m lucky, now I’ve got dead inventory I have to flog away somehow or bin. And all the time new models are coming out and making the ones I’m holding worth less so I make a loss.
And then I have to provide support and warranty to my buyers.

What a nightmare. Seriously.

Installing gargoyle on a supported device is just not that hard.

If you were dead set that you must pay someone, I personally (and I am not offering…) would demand the price of the router + $300 + shipping to do it. That is the only way it makes sense these days.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.