Access GUI in Bridge Mode

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Csaba623

Access GUI in Bridge Mode

Post by Csaba623 »

Non-IT-professional here. I've been running gargoyle on my home routers for literally years and years, stable and functional without issues on v1.7, and have used and experimented with a lot of the functionality.

Just recently got Starlink. I put my Gargoyle router into Bridge Mode to test eliminating Double NAT with the new router, and now I can't access the Gargoyle router GUI normally via my PC browser. The router was last in "Connect via DHCP (wired)" mode, with an assigned self-IP of 192.168.7.1.

Is there a way to access the Gargoyle GUI from my PC browser with the router is in Bridge Mode, using a wired connection to it?

Worst-case, I'll just factory reset and then flash a new version of Gargoyle (and catch up on years of new functionality I imagine).

ispyisail

Re: Access GUI in Bridge Mode

Post by ispyisail »

Been there done that.

I ended up factory resetting

I just put up with double NAT

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The starlink router will have issued it an IP in its DHCP range. If you find that you should be able to connect. Maybe starlink interface will tell you? Otherwise you can scan the network.

On newer versions of gargoyle you can set up a static ip on your pc to access it in case something fails. But this is slightly different to older versions.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Csaba623

Post by Csaba623 »

Following up for anyone else with this issue in the future, because I had success:

My Router (TL-WR1043ND v2) was loaded with Gargoyle v1.9.1. I did a little research, and my understanding is that while in Bridge mode you can't see it (or scan it) on the network because it isn't functioning on that layer (Layer 3 if I understand correctly, but again I'm not an IT professional).

I did a hard reset, which must just reset the flashed Gargoyle system to mostly default settings (I expected it to go back to the TP-Link OS, but in hindsight I suppose that OS is gone for good?).

Anyway, Gargoyle v1.9.1 was still the OS after a hard reset. IIRC it was still in Bridge Mode, but responded to http:\\192.168.1.1 with the GUI login screen (password was "password"). I was able to un-Bridge it (or it already was? I was too elated to document methodically), and then rebuild my preferred settings.