Assistance Needed on 1.11x RC1 x86/x64 Installation

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

bluegravy

Re: Assistance Needed on 1.11x RC1 x86/x64 Installation

Post by bluegravy »

Right!

I will post my results within the next 36-48 hrs. Hopefully, it's 942 Mbps which is the max on a gige circuit minus overhead that I get when connecting my main PC directly to the cable modem. I'm just awaiting the arrival of the additional NIC from the USPS sometime tomorrow.

bluegravy

Post by bluegravy »

Installation complete. I disabled the built-in LAN port on the motherboard of the Dell PC, put in a second PCIe GigE NIC. Restarted Gargoyle. All was well. Put in the Cat7 STP cabling and we're good. I was only able to get a solid 750-800 Mbps downstream and a solid 35-39Mbps up. I was able to get 942Mbps down and 42Mbps directly connected to my PC with the same cable to the same cable modem. I am satisfied with what I am getting right now, although there does seem to be some limitations at least with my HW configuration.
Last edited by bluegravy on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluegravy

Post by bluegravy »

Next question...

I have turned my WRT1900AC v1 into an AP. What settings on Gargoyle do I need to put in to make this work properly. Right now, I have the Linksys router set as a Gateway, Connect via disabled & WAN Ethernet Port set as Bridge to LAN. I have numerous IOT devices connecting to my AP and the Dell PC running Gargoyle as a gateway to the cable modem and a DHCP server on the LAN. Seems to be working, but I wanted to be sure I had everything set up correctly. The Linksys connects the wireless devices and the Dell PC acts as the router and DHCP server and bridge to the WAN. Any further suggestions are welcomed. Thx.

Here is my architecture Highest to Lowest:

Cable modem(ISP)->DellPC(Gargoyle Router)->Unmanaged Smart Switch(acting as a hub)->Linksys WRT1900AC v1(Access Point)->Wireless clients

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Thanks for feeding back to us another speed datapoint. Good result I reckon! Interesting that the built in port was giving you a limitation.

Yes the way you have the Linksys setup is correct. :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

bluegravy

Post by bluegravy »

Awesome! Thank you Eric. It does work!