Gargoyle 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1

Post by Lantis »

pp98 wrote:Openwrt has a GUI option to set the BSSID in the interface configuration but it requires this change in order for the bridge to work.

No config changes are required for the router. Just adding it to the ath10k-large list is sufficient.

Thanks.
No problem adding the device to the ath10k-large profile. I'll do that soon.

I've just done some reading about the wifi MAC issue. It seems that the proper MAC is stored within the wifi chip eeprom and therefore can only be accessed by the firmware itself.
There is a script within Openwrt (and Gargoyle) to patch this on first boot of the device. It should be at /lib/preinit/82_patch_ath10k
(reference here: https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/open ... d2;hb=HEAD)

Can you please check if this file exists, and if you have the capability, try doing some investigation based on this file and see what you find? I don't have any ath10k devices and i'm not going to be able to fix this without one i expect, so it would be good if you can do a lot of the leg work here.
But i also believe the answer is that:
1. It should work (or at least, has been thought of previously)
2. The fix (if needed) should be done upstream
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pp98

Post by pp98 »

Thanks. That file does exist on my build but the commands do not retrieve the MAC address for my device. You are probably correct that this needs to be fixed upstream in the openwrt or ath10k. I'll post in the appropriate forum to see if they have suggestions.

pp98

Post by pp98 »

One minor issue I forgot to report. In AP+WDS mode, the 2.4GHz radio wds parameter is set to '1' in the wireless config file but the 5GHz radio config does not have wds set. It may be better to set the wds parameter for both interfaces to '1' for this mode as there is no way to specify which radio is part of a WDS link.

Thanks.

danielwritesback

Post by danielwritesback »

Which file do I use for my Linksys E4200?

I don't actually need the 5ghz, but I am in need of good 2.4ghz wifi, and the Gargoyle QOS.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

danielwritesback wrote:Which file do I use for my Linksys E4200?

I don't actually need the 5ghz, but I am in need of good 2.4ghz wifi, and the Gargoyle QOS.
It isn’t compiled for Gargoyle (probably due to lack of 5ghz support). You would need to build it yourself from the brcm47xx target.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

kanenas

Post by kanenas »

Please can somebody give me an insight for a wrt3200,
the new revision that can not be flashed with 1.10,
1.11 RC1 or 1.11x gargoyle-ispy September and why?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

kanenas wrote:Please can somebody give me an insight for a wrt3200,
What version can you flash?

kanenas

Post by kanenas »

ispyisail wrote:
kanenas wrote:Please can somebody give me an insight for a wrt3200,
What version can you flash?
I am right now on 1.11x ispy September and just saw 1.11rc1 and was wondering should I try it?
Last edited by kanenas on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabba235

Post by yabba235 »

Hi !
Can you ask for adding the ath79 target ?
I compiling it for my WNDR3700v2 from openwrt 18.06 snapshot and working very well.
So I suppose that gargoyle will work too :D
It's only way to get full speed from my ISP with this hw - only ath79 target get kernel 4.14 with flow offloading ( sucessor of fast path ).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I don’t think we will support it until it is finished.
Last I checked it was marked as “source only” i.e. not ready for the big time.
When it is ready, we can use it to replace ar71xx.

I’m glad that it is working well for you, and this should bode well for Gargoyle in the future.
That being said, I don’t think fastpath will be compatible with Gargoyle, but I am yet to test it.