Gargoyle 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

tob99

Re: Gargoyle 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1

Post by tob99 »

lceron80 wrote:just installed on a wrt1900ac and for an unknown reason i cannot get the 5 ghz to show up. i've tried 20/40/80 mhz and nothing. none of my devices can detect it...

update: channels 36 and 44 are the only ones being detected by my devices in the 5 ghz with this version.
Maybe this will be helpfully for you:
I had same issue with my c7 (c5) on March image 1.11 and 1.10 firmware. Only channel 36 works, no any other. I reported it on the forum but answer was same: DFS channels need to scan environment. I waited for 60 seconds...and hours... and 5ghz wifi signal did not appear, only 36 worked :D
I have tried many firmwares: newest stock for c5 and c7, stock stripped, ddwrt, luci and 5g wifi worked properly. Problem was only with latest gargoyle.

I've solved that by adding country code in radio settings. I used ssh and uci commands:

uci set wireless.radio0.country=XX
uci set wireless.radio1.country=XX
uci commit wireless

*XX means your country code

After that 5ghz signal appeared, works stable and it is possible to set other channel than 36. I also checked using "uci show wireless" command if country code is added to radio settings. Don't know why it is so that without country code 5ghz did not work in my c7.

1.11 RC: lets to set country during first configuration, so i chose yesterday my country and 5ghz works ok (i also checked using ssh and "uci show wireless" if country code is added in the radio settings and it is). 5ghz wifi works ok.
now x86 1.15 beta
wrt32x
archer c6
archer c2
archer c7
tl-wr1043ND

marcb

Post by marcb »

Thanks for your hard work!
Any plans on supporting more devices?
After the LEDE-OpenWRT merger, the number of supported devices increased a lot.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If people do the work to support them, notify that it works (and works well), and push or notify the required changes (particular if new targets or profiles are needed) then sure.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

rseiler wrote:
Lantis wrote:Broken pipe is ok. So did it actually function sending the email?
No, but let's wait for someone to confirm that it's also not working for them after making the msmtp change.
The following fixes the issue:

Code: Select all

ln -sf /usr/bin/msmtp /usr/sbin/sendmail
ln -sf /usr/bin/msmtp /usr/lib/sendmail
Make sure you have saved a valid configuration before trying to send a test message.

I'll fix it when my staging tree is a little less cramped.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Yes, that works, thanks. It occurred to me to manually make the links at the time, but I forgot. I wouldn't have known to create two of them anyway.

BTW, are the other unrelated missing symlinks (as compared to 1.10), some of which I mentioned earlier, material to anything/supposed to be there too?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Most things you mentioned are now located in /sbin instead.
If they were truly missing, qos and quotas (and probably the OS itself actually) would fail to run.

telnetd is no longer provided nor required. Failsafe recovery is now via SSH.

MADSbe

Post by MADSbe »

Thx for the update on th 5Mhz Channel. Had the same issue.
What are the country codes which are supported?

And when do we have Wireless schedules? :-)

Amazing good job.
Just had one thing when upgrading is that none of the Wifi Connections worked until I rebooted and refreshed my browserpage

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

MADSbe wrote:Thx for the update on th 5Mhz Channel. Had the same issue.
What are the country codes which are supported?

And when do we have Wireless schedules? :-)

Amazing good job.
Just had one thing when upgrading is that none of the Wifi Connections worked until I rebooted and refreshed my browserpage
If your router is eligible to set your country, it will be available to you the first time you visit the Connection -> Basic page after establishing an internet connection.
If not, this operation is not permitted.

Wireless schedules are available through a plugin

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Say Lantis, are you planning an RC2, or should we be trying the latest 1.11x gargoyle-ispy for updates to RC1? Thanks for all the great work!!

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

sigwx wrote:Say Lantis, are you planning an RC2, or should we be trying the latest 1.11x gargoyle-ispy for updates to RC1? Thanks for all the great work!!
They are effectively the same

The difference being bandwidth and manual effort required to compile/sort

Lantis method is much better but he will/would end up covering the full costs himself?

Torrents help share the cost.

The bigger question is what Eric wants to do with this project