Port Forwarding not working.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BTr

Port Forwarding not working.

Post by BTr »

Guys, hello! First post here.

I'm using Gargoyle 1.10 on my Archer C7 V2 (clean installation), apparently after setting it up everything was 100%, but it looks like Port Forwarding is not working at all. All individual ports and ranges that I opened appear as closed when tested. Any light? Apparently everything is fine in settings, I do not know what to do. I need that ports.

I´m trying these 3 sites to test the ports:

yougetsignal
portchecker
canyouseeme

I did a test using UPnP. In this test i opened a UPnP port in QbitTorrent and the test was ok, so i suppose it´s working. But setting manually doesn't.

Please help me here, thanks

Lantis

Re: Port Forwarding not working.

Post by Lantis »

Do you have another modem or router in front of Gargoyle? If so, you’ll need to forward there as well, or put Gargoyle in a DMZ.

Otherwise, please share more information about your setup.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BTr

Post by BTr »

Lantis wrote:Do you have another modem or router in front of Gargoyle? If so, you’ll need to forward there as well, or put Gargoyle in a DMZ.

Otherwise, please share more information about your setup.
My setup is simple. The VDSL modem connected in Archer C7 (modem is in bridge mode). I have a powerline adapter connected to it too, as a repeater.

I set the PS4 IP in DMZ . All of gadgets are using static IPs set in DHCP.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You also need to have something on the other end listening, or your OS firewall is likely going to just silently drop the packet by default.

For example, i have a particular port open, but it shows as closed on all 3 of the sites you mentioned.
When i fire up sscom to listen on the particular port, it shows as open.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

gu3d3s

Post by gu3d3s »

BTr wrote: My setup is simple. The VDSL modem connected in Archer C7 (modem is in bridge mode). I have a powerline adapter connected to it too, as a repeater.

I set the PS4 IP in DMZ . All of gadgets are using static IPs set in DHCP.
Veja se realmente seu modem esta em bridge, pois ja tive problemas com a Vivo parecido com este usando um C7 e a causa era o equipamento do ISP.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

In the past Eric has deleted any post that is not in English

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

See if your modem is actually in bridge, because I already had problems with Vivo similar to this using a C7 and the cause was the equipment of the ISP.

BTr

Post by BTr »

gu3d3s wrote:
Veja se realmente seu modem esta em bridge, pois ja tive problemas com a Vivo parecido com este usando um C7 e a causa era o equipamento do ISP.
ispyisail wrote:
See if your modem is actually in bridge, because I already had problems with Vivo similar to this using a C7 and the cause was the equipment of the ISP.
I'm sure it is.
Router is doing PPPoE authentication, i even disabled the Vivo's Powerbox wi-fi.

The strange thing is that opening ports via uPnP are working ok.

I have deactivated uPnP and DMZ to see If one of these services are giving troubles, but nothing.

I dont know what to do anymore...

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did you read what I suggested? I expect it is working fine.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

I'm also using 1.10 on C7 v2.
Port forwarding working fine in my case.