Losing internet using Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

davidmarson

Losing internet using Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Post by davidmarson »

Hello guys, I've been facing a problem with my router using Wireless Bridge/Repeater mode. After some time, Internet crashes just in my Gargoyle router. I need to reboot it using GUI and after that Internet works again. My configuration is like in the guide.
Can you help me please??

Lantis

Re: Losing internet using Wireless Bridge/Repeater

Post by Lantis »

Could you share your configuration with us please?
Take screenshots and host them externally and link here.
You may need to obfuscate the URL a little bit initially until your user account is upgraded to member.

Also can you be more specific about your internet crashing?
Can you not reach websites? Is it all devices or just a few? Can devices still reach each other or upstream network?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

At some point you will also need to do a failsafe reset to check for a broken config

davidmarson

Post by davidmarson »

Sure! Thank you very much for your reply!

This is my configuration:

https://imgur.com/a/hAOxmxy

About the "crash", all my devices lose internet suddently, it's impossible to reach anything (websites, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.), moreover Wi-Fi connection icons gets an alert signal, indicating that no Internet connection is detected.

So, I need to reboot my router (using GUI Gargoyle) and everything works again for a while.

If you need more information please let me know. And thanks again for your help!

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Nothing stands out as obviously wrong in your config.
I’d recommend resetting everything to factory and setting it up again to be sure of no broken config files.

Other than that, perhaps a scheduled reboot to fix it?
It would be interesting if the issue occurred at the same time daily or after the same period of time.

If you want to try to provide a “logread” and “dmesg” when the problem occurs I will check for anything sinister, but usually nothing reveals itself.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

davidmarson

Post by davidmarson »

Hello Lantis, thanks again for your reply!
I've restored to default settings and the problem occurred after 1 day (before it happened after some hours).
Now my new tentative is to schedule a reboot every day. If it still does not solve, I'll send you a “logread” and “dmesg", ok? How can I get these files?
Thank you again for all your support and attention!

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It’s unfortunate, but wifi issues are very hard to diagnose as they are so dependant on environment which is very hard to recreate.

To provide those files, you can follow the instructions here to connect to the command line of your router
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8505

Then just issue “logread” and “dmesg” and copy paste what comes out after each.

ektus

Post by ektus »

davidmarson wrote:
About the "crash", all my devices lose internet suddently, it's impossible to reach anything (websites, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.), moreover Wi-Fi connection icons gets an alert signal, indicating that no Internet connection is detected.

So, I need to reboot my router (using GUI Gargoyle) and everything works again for a while.
So the GUI is still responsive, meaning the router didn't crash but the wifi link went down. Install webshell and issue the command "wifi" to restart wireless. If this works, install the ping watchdog, set it to ping the bridge partner every minute and set the comand "wifi" as action.

Regards
Ektus.