DLink 825 B1 Upgrade to 1.10.0

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

jimb

DLink 825 B1 Upgrade to 1.10.0

Post by jimb »

Has anyone been able to use the upgrade image for the DLink 825 B1 for version 1.10.0? I have tried that and the 1.9.x as well and it just hangs without doing the upgrade. I have tried various browsers and have had no luck. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Lantis

Re: DLink 825 B1 Upgrade to 1.10.0

Post by Lantis »

Does the system log provide any hints as to why the upgrade is failing?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jimb

Post by jimb »

I was trying to find them but could not locate them. Where should I look for them? Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jimb

Post by jimb »

Well I tried to upgrade again and it sat at the Upgrading dialog for a while and I finally killed it. I looked at the log and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not without seeing what errors are occurring.
That device is an interesting one due to its two configurations (fat vs skinny images).

I’d load the upgrade image to RAM and issue a sysupgrade command at the CLI without preserving settings.

jimb

Post by jimb »

Do you know of any guides to follow to do this? Thanks in advance.

jimb

Post by jimb »

Update I guess it won't let me upload the image so I will paste it from the terminal

so this is the command I tried:
sysupgrade -n -i -v gargoyle_1.10.0-ar71xx-generic-dir-825-b1-fat-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

then it asked:
Do you have a backup of the caldata partition? (y/N): n

then it said:
Warning, please make sure that you have a backup of the caldata partition.
Once you have that, use 'sysupgrade -i' for upgrading to the 'fat' firmware.
Sysupgrade is not yet supported on dir-825-b1.
Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.

---
I tried the sysupgrade from the command line. See attachment for my results. I used the interactive switch and wasn't sure how to answer the question about a backup of the caldata partition so I said no and then it said sysupgrade is not supported for this model. Should I have said yes to that question or is there something else I need to do before doing this. Thanks in advance.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Have you followed this?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5232

There is generic caldata backup on the Openwrt server somewhere. Backing it up is just dumping it into a file but I don’t know where to start.

The backup is in case it goes wrong

jimb

Post by jimb »

Are you referring to the post from WoodyUK? No I have not tried that yet. I looked at it previously and wasn't exactly sure how to proceed with it. I am at a loss of where to go next and don't want to end up with a brick but I really want to get the router upgraded so it isn't on the older version. Thanks in advance.