rt-n13u b1

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

tybalt81

rt-n13u b1

Post by tybalt81 »

Re: Router Firmware Requests
Postby dlogictech » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Router Model: Asus RT-N13U H/W Rev. B1
Link to Openwrt wiki: https://wiki.***.org/toh/asus/rt-n13u
Is it supported in Openwrt? Yes
Does it have >= 4MB of flash? Yes
Does it have >= 8MB of flash? Yes
Does it have USB support? Yes

Notes from Lantis:
Accepted
I see this was accepted but don't see a specific build for this at all. Can someone please let me know which firmware to download for this specific unit.

Lantis

Re: rt-n13u b1

Post by Lantis »

That only means that I did a one off custom build.
It is now severely out of date.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tybalt81

Post by tybalt81 »

Trying to compile firmware for this device. Failed with the attached error. Anyone have any advice how to remedy this

Code: Select all

/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10/lib/rsa/rsa-sign.c: In function 'rsa_get_exponent':
/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10/lib/rsa/rsa-sign.c:279:21: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'RSA {aka struct rsa_st}'
  if (BN_num_bits(key->e) > 64)
                     ^~
scripts/Makefile.host:134: recipe for target 'tools/lib/rsa/rsa-sign.o' failed
make[6]: *** [tools/lib/rsa/rsa-sign.o] Error 1
Makefile:1195: recipe for target 'tools-only' failed
make[5]: *** [tools-only] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10'
Makefile:46: recipe for target '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10/.built' failed
make[4]: *** [/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/host/u-boot-2014.10/.built] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/tools/mkimage'
tools/Makefile:122: recipe for target 'tools/mkimage/compile' failed
make[3]: *** [tools/mkimage/compile] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
tools/Makefile:121: recipe for target '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.tools_install_yynyynynynyyyyyyyyynyyyyyyyyynyyyyynnyyynnyynnnyy' failed
make[2]: *** [/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.tools_install_yynyynynynyyyyyyyyynyyyyyyyyynyyyyynnyyynnyynnnyy] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/include/toplevelmk:181: recipe for target 'world' failed
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
find: ‘bin’: No such file or directory
find: ‘’: No such file or directory
find: ‘’: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access 'bin': No such file or directory

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Start by doing a default build first

If that works well then do a custom build

This will determine if the problem is the build environment or your custom settings.

tybalt81

Post by tybalt81 »

Still getting some grief trying to compile. Did

make clean
make cleanup
make distclean

make custom

TARGET SYSTEM => Ralink RT288x/RT3xxx
SUB TARGET => RT3x5x/RT5350
TARGET PROFILE => Asus RT-N13U

Left all other options alone. This is error I get back

Code: Select all

ERROR: module '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-ar71xx/linux-3.18.75/net/ipv4/netfilter/*weburl*.ko' is missing.
modules/netfilter.mk:887: recipe for target '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/kmod-ipt-weburl_3.18.75-1-ca1d855253c78db4a5bb6e504e172ede_ar71xx.ipk' failed
make[4]: *** [/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/kmod-ipt-weburl_3.18.75-1-ca1d855253c78db4a5bb6e504e172ede_ar71xx.ipk] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/package/kernel/linux'
package/Makefile:193: recipe for target 'package/kernel/linux/compile' failed
make[3]: *** [package/kernel/linux/compile] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
package/Makefile:190: recipe for target '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile' failed
make[2]: *** [/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/staging_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src/include/toplevel.mk:181: recipe for target 'world' failed
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/knoppix/Downloads/gargoyle/custom-src'
cp: cannot stat 'bin/ar71xx/uboot-ar71xx-nbg460n_550n_550nh:': No such file or directory

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That’s a pretty standard error when doing custom builds. Means the config is borked.

For your own sanity, please try as ispyisail suggests.
Just build a regular ar71xx target and see if it completes.
Then I will give you my method of doing custom builds
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tybalt81

Post by tybalt81 »

Well I was able to get a few different default builds to successfully complete I’m going to assume you were going to suggest copying that config file and running make custom to open it up and make changes to TARGET etc

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Sort of.

Make custom and configure your build.
Save the config when prompted to do so.
Immediately kill the build and enter the custom-src directory.
Copy the .config file to a new target and make that

Also be sure you are selecting the minimum Gargoyle packages in the make custom menu

tybalt81

Post by tybalt81 »

Successful build and flash still need to test though Thank you so much gentleman. Followed your instructions had a few hiccups but reached the end goal. I appreciate all the help. This was my first custom build and will not be the last. Glad I took the time to figure this out. Was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now if I could only get gargoyle going on my DIR-862l. Which is only supported currently by dd-wrt but is very similar to Archer C7 v2

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I’m glad you got a successful build done :)

Any further questions let us know we can hopefully guide you in the right direction