Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

kanenas

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Post by kanenas »

kanenas wrote:Installed for almost 24hours on mt7620 (xiaomi) and seems everything is working fine!

Thank you!
It seems that 5ghz wifi is not working and it is always gray,I tried to turn off 2.4ghz, turn on, reboot, use different channel widths, use the same ssid name, other channels, custom transmit power and etc... every time the 5ghz ssid is gray
(using the 1.9.2 release no problem)

Please help

mckman

Post by mckman »

Greetings All,

Just reporting that I upgraded my WNDRMACv2 and WNDR3700v1 units to version 1.10.0 from 1.9.x from September 18, 2017. Did not preserve the settings. On the WNDRMACv2, I tested DDNS, OpenVPN, AdBlock Plugin, USB Camera, QOS w/ACC and WIFI (Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). All seems to be functioning great!. On the WNDR3700v1, I tested USB Printing, it functions great as well. I also have 2 vlans (guest network completely segragated from regular network with internet only access) and vlan tagging setup between these 2 units and it is functioning great as well.

The only strange anomaly is that the WNDRMACv2 seems to always report an idle of around 0.72.

https://imgur.com/F8XZen4

I've tried turning off openvpn, AdBlock plugin, QOS w/ACC, WIFI, and turning off Bandwidth monitoring through SSH and the idle usage never goes below 0.69. I've reflashed the firmware and it still shows the same usage even after a couple of factory defaulting. I experienced the same issue with the 1.9.x from September 18, 2017 as well. I don't experience any slow downs on the network, everything seems to be snappy with the web interface. When I SSH into the unit and do a top command, I see know excessive usage in memory or processor. Go figure. :?:
Netgear WNDR3700 v1
Netgear WNDRMAC v2
TP-Link MR3020 v1.8
TP-Link WR743ND v1

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

That's very interesting about the WNDRMACv2, which I also have. It sent me scrambling to double-check the home page, but mine is normal, and it has been with this release and even the betas.

You said it still happens with straight defaults, which is truly perplexing. No changes at all? Not that I can think of a single change that would do that, even if you were trying.

mckman

Post by mckman »

rseiler wrote:That's very interesting about the WNDRMACv2, which I also have. It sent me scrambling to double-check the home page, but mine is normal, and it has been with this release and even the betas.

You said it still happens with straight defaults, which is truly perplexing. No changes at all? Not that I can think of a single change that would do that, even if you were trying.
That's correct. I tried going with straight defaults and no change. It happens on both the 1.9.x 9/18/17 release and this 1.10.0 release. Prior to the 1.9.x release, the WNDRMAC v2 had a 1.6.x release installed and it did not exhibit this issue. What's strange is that the unit remains snappy and performs even better than with the 1.6.x I previously had installed on the unit. :shock:
Netgear WNDR3700 v1
Netgear WNDRMAC v2
TP-Link MR3020 v1.8
TP-Link WR743ND v1

CBx86

Post by CBx86 »

Gargoyle Version:1.10.0 @ Model:TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1

Working Smooth!

Thanks! :D

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

mckman wrote:That's correct. I tried going with straight defaults and no change.
Maybe we somehow have different HW?
/$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type : Atheros AR7161 rev 2
machine : NETGEAR WNDR3700/WNDR3800/WNDRMAC
processor : 0
cpu model : MIPS 24Kc V7.4
BogoMIPS : 452.19
wait instruction : yes
microsecond timers : yes
tlb_entries : 16
extra interrupt vector : yes
hardware watchpoint : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
isa : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented : mips16
shadow register sets : 1
kscratch registers : 0
package : 0
core : 0
VCED exceptions : not available
VCEI exceptions : not available
[/quote]

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

dzyndzla wrote:

Code: Select all

Version 1.10.0 marks a long overdue new stable version based on OpenWRT Chaos Calmer, while work is underway to port Gargoyle to the latest version of LEDE.
@Eric

Thanks for the newest update. Could you estimate when the LEDE-based Gargoyle would be released?
You are unlikely to get an answer

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

kanenas wrote:
kanenas wrote:Installed for almost 24hours on mt7620 (xiaomi) and seems everything is working fine!

Thank you!
It seems that 5ghz wifi is not working and it is always gray,I tried to turn off 2.4ghz, turn on, reboot, use different channel widths, use the same ssid name, other channels, custom transmit power and etc... every time the 5ghz ssid is gray

Please help
Can you please start a new thread with more details and screenshots?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

bake15

Post by bake15 »

kanenas wrote:

Thank you!

Please help
My 5ghz has disappeared a couple of times in the last 24 hours or so. The ssid is also grayed out but currently working.

I'm using a WRT1900ACS.

ektus

Post by ektus »

Installed on a TP-Link Archer C7V2, running good so far. Got a new VDSL connection today, approx 46MBit/s downlink which the router handles just fine. No QOS or gaming, though.

Regards
Ektus.