AP Only - How to

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

davereid

AP Only - How to

Post by davereid »

Hi, i have 2 of the same Archer C7 V2, both with the latest firmware (1.9.2) installed successfully.

In a previous version of Gargoyle i saw an option for "AP Only" as i use my second Archer as a wireless extension.

I can not find that in the settings anymore, its either a gateway or Wireless Bridge/Repeater

"Downstairs AP (10.0.1.1)" terminates my PPPoE connection and is my DHCP server and DNS.

"Upstairs AP(10.0.1.2)" is purely for additional wireless coverage. I have structured cabling to Upstairs AP.

any help appreciated.

Lantis

Re: AP Only - How to

Post by Lantis »

Connect Via:
Disabled

Then set up the AP.

Hook the router up using one of the LAN ports.
dumb AP as requested.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

davereid

Post by davereid »

thanks - presume i turn off DHCP etc so DHCP will only be issued from my downstairs AP?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Correct :)

The only minor disadvantage here is that because no data flows through the firewall, all of the monitoring doesn't work.

But it will all appear at the main router anyway.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

throughwalls

Post by throughwalls »

Note that when you make almost any changes, to wireless AP settings for example, the DHCP will be automatically turned on when you save. You then need to disable DHCP again and save