Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

eierfrucht

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by eierfrucht »

I just ssh into the router and edit /etc/config/wireless.

We use Gargoyle in a 200+ people environment, so enabling a second DHCP even for a few seconds can lead to trouble.

alex3137

Post by alex3137 »

Hello

I am a new (3 days) user to Gargoyle and very happy with it so far.

I noticed a bug in the web interface: if I open two tabs, one with QoS (upload) and the other with QoS (download), edit the rules in one tab and save the configuration, I lose all the QoS config in this tab.

Is this me or a bug in Gargoyle ? I am using Firefox. Thanks !

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

alex3137 wrote:Hello

I am a new (3 days) user to Gargoyle and very happy with it so far.

I noticed a bug in the web interface: if I open two tabs, one with QoS (upload) and the other with QoS (download), edit the rules in one tab and save the configuration, I lose all the QoS config in this tab.

Is this me or a bug in Gargoyle ? I am using Firefox. Thanks !
It is a known behaviour. Please only use a single tab when using Gargoyle.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

lakyljuk

Post by lakyljuk »

I have a strange problem. I have TL-WR1043ND v1 with 1.9.1 version. I tried to upgrade to 1.9.2. It uploaded FW, it says upgrading, it rebooted router, but after coming back, there is still FW version 1.9.1 with all settings intact. No error messages at all. I dont know how to fix this, because I was upgrading many times this router with Gargoyle and everytime it went smooth. This time it is refusing to upgrade and I dont know why. Thanks for any help.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Are messages like these on anyone's radar?

Code: Select all

Wed Mar 22 20:58:54 2017	kern.info kernel: [34294.840000] Atheros AR8216/AR8236/AR8316 ag71xx-mdio.0:00: Port 4 is down
Wed Mar 22 20:58:56 2017	kern.info kernel: [34296.850000] Atheros AR8216/AR8236/AR8316 ag71xx-mdio.0:00: Port 4 is up
That's from an Archer C7V2 on 1.9.2, but I also have one on 1.9.1 and have never seen it there.

There is some chatter about it in OpenrWRT, like:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/261
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/384

It's usually a two or four-second lapse, happening several times a day. It seems to be restricted to ports 2 and 4 for some reason (all ports are used).

MathGuy42

Post by MathGuy42 »

Just updated to 1.9.2. Nice new interface.

I've run into one problem. The Adblock plugin no longer has a place to Add to the White List. Adding to the Black List is still there.

FYI, I upgraded by preserving my settings. It seemed that no Adblock settings were preserved, since I had to reinstall the plugin. It's understandable that plugin settings aren't preserved. I'm just mentioning it in case it has somehow affected by Adblock plugin.

Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

MathGuy42 wrote:Just updated to 1.9.2. Nice new interface.

I've run into one problem. The Adblock plugin no longer has a place to Add to the White List. Adding to the Black List is still there.

FYI, I upgraded by preserving my settings. It seemed that no Adblock settings were preserved, since I had to reinstall the plugin. It's understandable that plugin settings aren't preserved. I'm just mentioning it in case it has somehow affected by Adblock plugin.

Thanks.
The button to transfer from black to white list is still there. It looks like an arrow.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

MathGuy42

Post by MathGuy42 »

Thanks. I had forgotten how the interface works.

greenlaser

SCREENSHOTS

Post by greenlaser »

Can we see screenshots of these? Either in "Screenshots" (https://www.gargoyle-router DOT com/screenshots.php) or in some other page?

tals

Post by tals »

Just updated my Archer c7 v2 to 1.9.2 from 1.9.1, one observation, I was getting into the habit of hitting save changes waiting a few seconds and refreshing the page (as any save changes seems to take a reasonable time). I had assumed it was a timing issue but doing this is very bad!

Corrupted the config so it was doing very odd things, wireless settings all over the place ie 2.4Ghz showing 5ghz channels. Anyway learnt my lesson - restored to default config and all now good.

Any chance the timeout in the admin screens can be lengthed, I find if I try and put in all of the config settings for the first screen generally it has timed out by the time I have completed so I have todo the connection, save, then the wireless, save and then the guests wifi.

Otherwise looks nice thank you.
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)