gargoyle-ispy 2016-September-25 22:16.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elecmuso

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2016-September-25 22:16.torrent

Post by Elecmuso »

Lantis wrote:Correct.

Reboot loops that stop when disconnecting from the Internet are usually due to corrupted bwmon data.
I'd suggest not preserving your settings.
This rebooting has started again after changing some restrictions. What is the best way to sort this given that it is only up for less than a minute each time? Power cycling does not fix it.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Disconnect the WAN. Allow it to boot successfully. Purge /usr/data/bwmon/*. Reconnect WAN and reboot.

If disconnecting the WAN doesn't stop the boot loop, drop it into failsafe and do the same thing.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Elecmuso

Post by Elecmuso »

That worked - thanks!

ghorvath

Post by ghorvath »

ispyisail wrote: You preserved setting

you need to do a failsafe reset or re-flash if you can
Thank you for the suggestion. I am pretty sure that I have not had the ``preserve settings'' box ticked.

Anyway, I have reset all settings to default, then reflahsed the router, but now I ticked and unticked the ``preserve settings'' box. (Maybe this way it really would flash it in a non-preserving way...) Then I have reset all settings again to default, and now the router seems to work as intended. Only about 80kbytes out of 320 are free, but at first time it was around 76, and even went down to something like 64. Seems to save the settings properly, dyndns works, etc.

I have managed to put in all my qos rules, and it seemed to work fine. Then I saved the settings and decided to reboot to see if it will still be stable. Unfortunately, the rebooting cycle started all over again. :-( If I do not connect the internet to it, only one machine, then it seems fine, but if I connect the internet with a machine pulling data from the internet, then it reboots in a couple minutes.

I may try disabling web monitoring, but other than that, I am not sure if anything else could be done.... I would use the stable 1.6.2, but for 841Nv11 that firmware does not exists. :-(

Thank you for the help.

Morteza

Post by Morteza »

WARNING: DO NOT PRESERVE SETTINGS
Hi
How to do this warning? Is a factory reset enough? Or need sth else?
Tnx

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Morteza

Post by Morteza »

ispyisail wrote:Image
Thanks a lot
What about from stock to gargoyle?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

What about from stock to gargoyle?
The warning is only for upgrading gargoyle to gargoyle only.

Stock to gargoyle has its own precautions.

see the openwrt wiki for details for your router. Many routers are different