Gargoyle on WR710N v2.1?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

cmay

Gargoyle on WR710N v2.1?

Post by cmay »

Greetings!
I have the WR710N v2.1 router from TP-Link. It has the same amount of flash/RAM (8/32) as the versions 1, 1.1 and 1.2 of the same model.
It's currently running DD-WRT.
I read here on this forum that gargoyle was installed successfully on a WR710N v1 using the image from the WR720N.
So, my question is: can i flash the same Gargoyle image on the v2.1?
I was thinking about reverting to factory, flashing OpenWRT trunk for 2.1 (currently the only supported version of OpenWRT that will install on a factory firmware of the 2.1, according to forums) and then flash Gargoyle using OpenWRT via CLI which i still have to find out how.
Please share your opinions and ideas.

danymarc

Re: Gargoyle on WR710N v2.1?

Post by danymarc »

Here you find it http://dl.eko.one.pl/gargoyle-pl/chaos_calmer/ar71xx/
first time login with password
Next window
Change password and language to English

cmay

Post by cmay »

OMG this is even better!
Thank you so much!
I didn't even know this existed. It's perfect and it works perfectly. In fact, this reply is being made using this same router running Gargoyle.
I think this can be marked as solved.
I just did some webrevert from DD-WRT to factory and flashed Gargoyle directly from the factory web interface.
If someone needs some webrevert to factory for the V2.1 there is a file on the DD-WRT foruns, kindly created by a user. It works well, i can certify that.
Thanks again! Now to tinker with this a bit more!

*EDIT: the webrevert i pointed out is for people coming from DD-WRT only, as pointed by /u/danymark on THAT OTHER FORUM. :lol:

Is there a stripped factory firmware for the V2.1? Friendzombie's seems to only have some for V1.

cmay

Post by cmay »

Just a quick update, don't know if it's related:
The 3G modem MF626 from ZTE works flawlessly, "out of the box". No need to mess with the command line. Just make sure you choose /dev/ttyUSB2 on the web interface.
This little box performs amazingly on Gargoyle.

cmay

Post by cmay »

Another update (please move where appropriate):

Huawei E3131 works on this out of the box. Only need to choose, on Gargoyle web interface, USB Modem (NCM) and /dev/cdc-wdm0.