Version 1.9.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

ninderrycomp

Re: Version 1.9.1

Post by ninderrycomp »

Came from 1.9.0. Yeah, I realise this now. I thought the export/import function would work via XML and stip and incompatible entries, but after looking into the backup itself, it just seems to be a dump of the filesystem... ah well.

Good excuse to go back document my network config properly I suppose.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Does this version support any way, even manually, to add a password requirement to the certificate requirement for OpenVPN server?

The problem with just a certificate is that anyone who gets hold of the credentials package (which includes the cert, ovpn, etc) can "login" to OpenVPN server.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

rseiler wrote:Does this version support any way, even manually, to add a password requirement to the certificate requirement for OpenVPN server?

The problem with just a certificate is that anyone who gets hold of the credentials package (which includes the cert, ovpn, etc) can "login" to OpenVPN server.
No

Not officially anyway

People have made workarounds in the past

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

ispyisail wrote:No

Not officially anyway

People have made workarounds in the past
Do'h! Wish I had been able to find those threads. I had to figure it out myself:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 017#p40017

My next, probably more difficult task, will be to figure out how to make the guest wifi not just isolated from the main wifi (which is all that the GUI allows) but the LAN itself. That seems to require some fancy firewall work, according to an OpenWRT wiki page, at least.

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

Upgraded to 1.9.1.

Main router is a TL-1043 v1. Outboard routers are TL-841s

Repeating does not work with TL-841 v5 or v8. Setup under 1.6.2 worked fine.

Also, wired ports can't access the Internet on an 841 v5/8 set to "repeater." If the router is set to bridge, the wired ports access the Internet just fine.

Now that I think about it, that repeater issue just may have been why I never upgraded to any of the releases after 1.6.2....

Drat.

[NG]Owner

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did you read that the bridge requirements have changed, and adjusted your configs to suit?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The repeater discussion has been moved to here
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 090#p40089
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

eierfrucht

Post by eierfrucht »

Gargoyle 1.9.1 is giving me so much grief on Archer C7 V2 and 1043ND V2.

Whenever I try to configure QoS, the UP and DOWN arrows for the topmost QoS rule do not work for me, regardless of the browser (Chrome, Firefox) or operating system (Ubuntu, Windows) No rule can replace the topmost default rule and the topmost default rule itself cannot be moved down. The topmost rule can be deleted, passing its "curse" over to the next rule on the list, which in turn becomes topmost and can't be moved down.

Which is worse, after I add a custom rule matching on Level 7 traffic type (say HTTP Video or HTTP Audio) and save the changes, the router starts rebooting in an endless loop and I only have 15-20 seconds to SSH into it and type "mtd -r erase rootfs_data" after which it is reverted to its first run state. Then I try to reconfigure QoS and face the same results again.

I have reproduced this issue for a number of times on 1043ND V2 and Archer C7. Obsy's 1.9.1.1 Polish build seems to be unaffected by the issue, but his recent builds are utterly missing UPnP even for the beefier models.

1.8.1 does not have this issue, but it may be deadly for Archer C7 V2.

I hope someone fixes this.

P.S. Also 1.9.1 (both on Archer C7 and 1043ND V2) becomes unresponsive for a brief moment every few pings (doesn't forward traffic, time out instead of GUI) as long as there are wireless clients connected. If there are no wireless clients with open connections, the issue does not surface.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

eierfrucht wrote:Gargoyle 1.9.1 is giving me so much grief on Archer C7 V2 and 1043ND V2.

Whenever I try to configure QoS, the UP and DOWN arrows for the topmost QoS rule do not work for me, regardless of the browser (Chrome, Firefox) or operating system (Ubuntu, Windows) No rule can replace the topmost default rule and the topmost default rule itself cannot be moved down. The topmost rule can be deleted, passing its "curse" over to the next rule on the list, which in turn becomes topmost and can't be moved down
I have fixed this in the latest code, however it is not available yet.
Which is worse, after I add a custom rule matching on Level 7 traffic type (say HTTP Video or HTTP Audio) and save the changes, the router starts rebooting in an endless loop and I only have 15-20 seconds to SSH into it and type "mtd -r erase rootfs_data" after which it is reverted to its first run state. Then I try to reconfigure QoS and face the same results again.
Layer 7 is currently broken. Don't use it.
I have reproduced this issue for a number of times on 1043ND V2 and Archer C7. Obsy's 1.9.1.1 Polish build seems to be unaffected by the issue, but his recent builds are utterly missing UPnP even for the beefier models.

1.8.1 does not have this issue, but it may be deadly for Archer C7 V2.

I hope someone fixes this.

P.S. Also 1.9.1 (both on Archer C7 and 1043ND V2) becomes unresponsive for a brief moment every few pings (doesn't forward traffic, time out instead of GUI) as long as there are wireless clients connected. If there are no wireless clients with open connections, the issue does not surface.

eierfrucht

Post by eierfrucht »

Is Layer 7 OK on 1.8.1?

I just reproduced the issue without using Layer 7 filters. Just tossed in a couple of custom QoS rules matching on ports / ips, changed their order and after saving the changes, the router is stuck in a reboot loop again.