Version 1.9.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Version 1.9.1

Post by Lantis »

calculoso wrote:
Ispyisail / Lantis - quick question - how easy/hard do you think it would be to write a configuration conversion/filter that would prevent this?

What I mean is:
- add a "gargoyle version number" file to the configuration
- add a cross-reference table entry for each version that lists configuration files that cannot be directly imported from the last version (or a yes/no for each feature - for example, hosts file reuse - yes, ethers file reuse - yes, wireless configuration - no, etc)
- add logic to the configuration restore and preserve configuration features which looks at the existing firmware version and the configuration to be restored/preserved. This logic would decide what files could be directly re-used without any modification a which could not
- perhaps a dialog could be presented informing the user of the settings that would need to be re-done, and give them an opportunity to cancel it
- extra functionality could be to even convert the files that could not be directly reused into a new usable format? This sounds much harder though...

I'm sure there are lots of configuration files and this may be a big initial step, but at least something like this may prevent the issues that we've seen above.

Thoughts?
It has been discussed. It's a lot of work, and very difficult to keep up to date.
I have a list in my head of which versions you can and can't upgrade between because I know every single code change that had occurred.

I don't have a lot of time to work on these things at the moment which is a shame. I'm working on a major update with another user but it is still months away.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

erez669 wrote:what about tp-link 1043nd v3 and v4 support?
Download from here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8923

I don't know why it was missed from the front page.
No v4 support.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Gecko951

Post by Gecko951 »

The web UI is working again after a logging in via SSH and issuing the 'firstboot' command and then a 'reboot'. :)

zibi_kr

Post by zibi_kr »

Hi
There is a problem with Gargoyle v1.91 on my TL-WR2543ND V1, QoS seems to be corrupted. When I try to change class prority the arrows don't work for first criteria. After changes of criteria router start continuously restarts. Could You tell me what how to fix this? Thx for help.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I can confirm your first issue.
I just noticed it today

To fix the restarts you need to failsafe reset.

-KAPMA-

Post by -KAPMA- »

Hello!
I was always going to describe the problems in the wireless bridge.
We have two routers:
1043ND version 1, which is set in the access point mode. (ip 192.168.1.1)
941ND version 3, which is configured as a client. (192.168.2.1)

Here such here the settings on 941ND
Ip address is in a different subnet, as recommended

But these settings, I can not go on being connected to the 192.168.2.1 1043ND.
I tried using 192.168.1.2, the exact same situation.

I am going to 1043ND I saw in your lease DHCP 941ND with ip address 192.168.1.124, which I went and got access to the router.

Why is this happening?
Earlier when I used version 1.8.0 I assigned ip address 192.168.1.2 and calmly went to it.

Thank you!

erez669

Post by erez669 »

tp-link tl-wr1043 nd v2.1 i flashed the new version and my router has infinite loop and restart itself, i'm so afraid that i bricked it, but luckily i had the previous version file so i donwgraded to 1.8.1 and now it's ok again.
please fix this issues.

:x :shock: :roll:

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

erez669 wrote:tp-link tl-wr1043 nd v2.1 i flashed the new version and my router has infinite loop and restart itself, i'm so afraid that i bricked it, but luckily i had the previous version file so i donwgraded to 1.8.1 and now it's ok again.
please fix this issues.

:x :shock: :roll:
If you preserved settings, don't

If you didn't, just failsafe reset it.
1.8.1 sucks. Move forward.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

-KAPMA- wrote:Hello!
I was always going to describe the problems in the wireless bridge.
We have two routers:
1043ND version 1, which is set in the access point mode. (ip 192.168.1.1)
941ND version 3, which is configured as a client. (192.168.2.1)

Here such here the settings on 941ND
Ip address is in a different subnet, as recommended

But these settings, I can not go on being connected to the 192.168.2.1 1043ND.
I tried using 192.168.1.2, the exact same situation.

I am going to 1043ND I saw in your lease DHCP 941ND with ip address 192.168.1.124, which I went and got access to the router.

Why is this happening?
Earlier when I used version 1.8.0 I assigned ip address 192.168.1.2 and calmly went to it.

Thank you!
You've already figured out how the new bridge works, but you'd like to know why I suppose?

We use an IP address outside the subnet as a kind of dummy ip which will act as a relay for all the traffic. This allows us to relay everything into the same subnet.
As soon as the relay starts, the dummy address becomes unreachable. In order to fix this, I made it so the router then assigns itself the DHCP address it receives from the other router so you can access it that way.

If the router ever crashes or restarts, you can use the original address to get back in until the relay starts again.

Jafferson777

Post by Jafferson777 »

Hello everybody! I have Archer C7 v.2 Prompt whether this firmware including IGMP packets available? If this is possible, how to turn on the function you want to view IPTV?