Bandwidth Cap & Buttons not working

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

rage1979

Bandwidth Cap & Buttons not working

Post by rage1979 »

I have searched around a bit but can't find an answer, so I will pose my own question.

I am trying to set up a router at a property I have, and I would like to limit the total bandwidth usage to 60GB for the month. I tried to set this, but for some reason it didn't seem to be working.

I am wondering if it only works if I make everyone have a static IP (though I would prefer not to do this).

Secondly, I am using a Mac, with OS X Snow Leopard, and was using firefox to get into the GUI. For some reason none of the buttons would work when I was trying to input various parameters (for example, I was trying to make websites with torrents not accessible, and limit bandwidth to torrents to 1kb/s.

I tried on the newest firmware on my linksys GL and then I tried the last stable firmware.

Thanks,

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Bandwidth Cap & Buttons not working

Post by Eric »

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say that the "buttons aren't working" What do you see? What, specifically is it not doing when you press the button that you expect it to do? Also, exactly which controls are not working for you?

Could you provide a screenshot that shows the problem?

I own a mac with OSX 10.6, and it seems to work fine for me when I test on that system with Firefox.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I am wondering if it only works if I make everyone have a static IP (though I would prefer not to do this).
I've started a how-to on this topic

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... ring_setup

florachan

Post by florachan »

the button doesn't work on me on firefox too, it does however work for me on internet explorer...

EDIT: IT DOES WORK now, I think it is because my firefox is caching old javascript files... ........... lol