Bandwidt control and Quotas

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

zonosfera

Bandwidt control and Quotas

Post by zonosfera »

Hi Forum.. to the all developers

sorry for my bad english, is no my native languaje...

is possible have a bandwidt control appart to quotas??? and assign to group of three devices???
i need control some users in my house only for a permanent quota of up/down (120k/750k), this restriction is necesary for me...

i read in others post the assign bandwidt control permanent to some users is a "waste of bandwidth" all users have share the bandwidt, in my case is necesary control the users for a unique quota permanent..

hope the developers includes this function in future bin...

have use a TL-WR741ND..

thanks all
Testing Gargoyle up and running..... OK
TL-WR740nV4/741ndV4 : Gargoyle 1.8.0
TL-WR840nV2 : Gargoyle 1.9.1
TL-WR841ndV11 : Gargoyle 1.9.1

Lantis

Re: Bandwidt control and Quotas

Post by Lantis »

Do I understand that you want to permanently limit three devices to a certain up and down speed?

If so, use QOS or use quotas + qos
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

zonosfera

Post by zonosfera »

Dear LANTIS.. i´ve tryed use QUOTAS firs, asign 192.168.10.11-192.168.10.13 (3 IP), set UP 1M / DOWN 3M... reset quota every day, later select trottle conection to 128K/750K... let open some video in Youtube, wait the quota reach, but no work... the users follow uses full bandwidt...

later try in QoS up and down.... remove the rules default and agregate new roules apply to specific IP and finaly... no work... for me is necesary this... in the original bin of TP-Link is possible this... but the binding ip/mac addres no work....

in Gargoyle ip/mac addres binding work perfect... but bandwidt control is no possible....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Can you please show an picture of your settings that you have used to implement this?

You'll need to upload the pictures to another website and link them here.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

zonosfera

Post by zonosfera »

dear LANTIS,
i think a little about over words..."use QOS or use quotas + qos"

and this is the result...

1.-- delete rules by default and adit and add the necesary rules to apply bandwidth control, all in QoS UP and DOWN...

2.- assign a static IP and Bind this IP to mac of device... and check to preven the ip change...

3.- assign a limit little higer to BC to apply, select throttle bandwidth...
this is wen the limits are reach, the conection asigng to ip, thorttle to rules service classes selected, evry quota reset every day to 4:00 hrs..

can you check this, is correct... to me is work fine...

thanks and regards...