gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-25 18:46.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

tapper

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-25 18:46.torrent

Post by tapper »

jd45321 wrote:
deanMKD wrote:Tested this build on my TP-Link MR3020 and WR703N and works great without issues for more then 6 days !!

P.S: Left this torrent to seed on my seedbox PC 24/7. :D
Does this mean we can download just the version for our router instead every file? If so, how do we do this?

Thanks
No it's just to much work to do that. It's bin said be for in this thread. All the files uncompressed is about a gig. sorry.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

ninderrycomp

Post by ninderrycomp »

Perhaps a silly question - but is Wi-Fi AC or 5Ghz working on the TP-Link Archer C7 v1? I unfortunately bought one used without realising that this is supposed to be a limitation...

Edit: Just tested it out. UI is a total mess and won't let me select anything greater than 802.11g. Gonna have to give it a miss.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

ninderrycomp wrote:Perhaps a silly question - but is Wi-Fi AC or 5Ghz working on the TP-Link Archer C7 v1? I unfortunately bought one used without realising that this is supposed to be a limitation...

Edit: Just tested it out. UI is a total mess and won't let me select anything greater than 802.11g. Gonna have to give it a miss.
AC on the v1 is likely to be never supported sorry. This is an openwrt limitation.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ninderrycomp

Post by ninderrycomp »

Yep, had to roll back to stock firmware. I'll see if I can pawn it off and get myself a V2.

In other news, I tried to upgrade my old TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V1 with this firmware (guest network was broken on the official firmware) and it has bricked it. Great. :x

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

ninderrycomp wrote:Yep, had to roll back to stock firmware. I'll see if I can pawn it off and get myself a V2.

In other news, I tried to upgrade my old TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V1 with this firmware (guest network was broken on the official firmware) and it has bricked it. Great. :x
Failsafe reset should fix it

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

ninderrycomp wrote:Yep, had to roll back to stock firmware. I'll see if I can pawn it off and get myself a V2.

1.6.2 is the most stable for that router

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi dude you can upgrade the wifi card in the c7 v1:
https://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2015/1 ... h-openwrt/

As for the WR1043ND V1 have you tryed a first boot?
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

ninderrycomp

Post by ninderrycomp »

I'll try a failsafe when I get some time - I replaced it with my Archer C7 anyway (on stock firmware, grudgingly). You should really put a notice in the first post that this bricks the 1043ND V1. I shouldn't have to learn this the hard way, hell there's probably someone bricking their router right now...

dlogictech

Post by dlogictech »

May I remind everyone here that these developers are building an alternative Operating System that we all want and like.
All on a volunteer basis.
It is well documented that we take all the risks involved in using this firmware on our routers.
These risks involve anything up to an including "Bricking" your device. However these kind people also provide support, again on a volunteer basis.
If we decide to use any of these 3rd party firmware, then we must be also willing to do what it takes to "recover" the device on our own. Not to say that the Gargoyle team won't help because we all have seen on these forums that they do indeed help as much as they possibly can.

As you can see in my signature line below, I am using Gargoyle on a few devices and with the latest release of firmware, more or less.

I for one will continue to support this effort and I certainly hope that everyone understands that we are ultimately the ones that make the choice to use this "free" firmware provided by Gargoyles team.

Thanks for all the hard work and fantastic effort to support us. It it much appreciated, certainly by me...
D-Link DIR-835 Rev. A1 using Gargoyle
1.9.X (Built 20160524-1903 git@004a64c)

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Ver. 1.6 using Gargoyle

TP-Link TL-WR740N Ver. 1.10 using Gargoyle

coits

Post by coits »

dlogictech wrote:May I remind everyone here that these developers are building an alternative Operating System that we all want and like.
All on a volunteer basis.
It is well documented that we take all the risks involved in using this firmware on our routers.
These risks involve anything up to an including "Bricking" your device. However these kind people also provide support, again on a volunteer basis.
If we decide to use any of these 3rd party firmware, then we must be also willing to do what it takes to "recover" the device on our own. Not to say that the Gargoyle team won't help because we all have seen on these forums that they do indeed help as much as they possibly can.

As you can see in my signature line below, I am using Gargoyle on a few devices and with the latest release of firmware, more or less.

I for one will continue to support this effort and I certainly hope that everyone understands that we are ultimately the ones that make the choice to use this "free" firmware provided by Gargoyles team.

Thanks for all the hard work and fantastic effort to support us. It it much appreciated, certainly by me...
I totally agree with you dlogictech, I have brick one router because I ignore the warning and I take the risk. but, No regret, it is part of our learning curve, sometimes we need to learn the hard way to learn something new.

I have been using different 3rd party firmware, but I would proudly say "Gargoyle firmware is the best!!!" keep up the good work guys and Thank you for your time, really appreciate all your hard work.
Gargoyle 1.9.x on Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Gargoyle 1.10.x on TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0
Gargoyle 1.11.x on WRT3200 acm