gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-25 18:46.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

USE AT YOU OWN RISK
settings can not be preserved when upgrading to this build (unless you know what you doing)

https://goo.gl/n7e9Hh

Routers
https://goo.gl/WnNavV

forgot about this build

Enable DFS for all ar71xx targets

Add band information to Hosts page. Also add new rate information

guyso

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-25 18:46.torrent

Post by guyso »

When you say:
ispyisail wrote: settings cannot be preserved when upgrading to this build (unless you know what you doing)
Does this only mean you can not use the "Preserve Settings" option during the firmware upgrade or does it also preclude backing up your settings and then restoring them after the upgrade is finished?

If the above also precludes backing up and restoring your settings, are there files I can copy from my existing Gargoyle configuration to preserve my assigned DHCP and QoS settings as these are the most time intensive to re-enter. What I would like to do is use WinSCP to copy relevant configuration files onto my PC before the upgrade and then paste these back after the upgrade so that I can transfer my Static IPs under the router menu Connection/DHCP and my upload and download under Firewall/QoS (Upload) and Firewall/Qos (Download).

From a bit of looking it appears etc/config/qos_gargoyle contains the QoS configuration, but i can not find the file for the DHCP configuration.

It might be easier to list the files which are different and therefore I could not transfer across?

Thank you
Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2 and v4
Linksys WRT1900ACS

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

guyso wrote:When you say:
ispyisail wrote: settings cannot be preserved when upgrading to this build (unless you know what you doing)
Does this only mean you can not use the "Preserve Settings" option during the firmware upgrade or does it also preclude backing up your settings and then restoring them after the upgrade is finished?

If the above also precludes backing up and restoring your settings, are there files I can copy from my existing Gargoyle configuration to preserve my assigned DHCP and QoS settings as these are the most time intensive to re-enter. What I would like to do is use WinSCP to copy relevant configuration files onto my PC before the upgrade and then paste these back after the upgrade so that I can transfer my Static IPs under the router menu Connection/DHCP and my upload and download under Firewall/QoS (Upload) and Firewall/Qos (Download).

From a bit of looking it appears etc/config/qos_gargoyle contains the QoS configuration, but i can not find the file for the DHCP configuration.

It might be easier to list the files which are different and therefore I could not transfer across?

Thank you
There are many variables, its just a warning.

It depends on which version the backup is from.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I've just added a permanent seedbox for you.
From now on is it possible for you to post the Magnet Link to the torrent as well? That way i can just SMS it to my seedbox and it will start.

Cheers.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Lantis wrote:I've just added a permanent seedbox for you.
From now on is it possible for you to post the Magnet Link to the torrent as well? That way i can just SMS it to my seedbox and it will start.

Cheers.
OK

If I can work out how to do this with transmission and command line :)

n8b

Post by n8b »

Thanks for the new build :)
ispyisail wrote:Enable DFS for all ar71xx targets
Tried a few DFS channels on TL-WDR3600 and can confirm it's working.
● wrt1200ac (wired-only router)
AP's or for test:
● tl-wdr4300 OpenWrt 18.06.0 (too small for 1.11.X)
● tl-wr841nd OpenWrt 18.06.0 (too small for 1.11.X)
● tew-691gr OpenWrt 18.06.0

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

n8b wrote:Thanks for the new build :)
ispyisail wrote:Enable DFS for all ar71xx targets
Tried a few DFS channels on TL-WDR3600 and can confirm it's working.
Thank goodness. Cause I was out of ideas if that didn't fix it lol!
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Adri

Post by Adri »

On my NetGear WNDR3700 DFS is also working now... :)
May a little too good...
Some channels are shown as 'unavailable' now. :(

dieselz

Post by dieselz »

Thank you iSpy for everything.
Question though..
i have just updated to this build and ever since my router WNDR4300 keeps giving me wrong readings and doesnt store data and is a mess now..

tried to clear NVRAM but it wont work like it used to work on my WDR4300

any suggestions on how to clear NVRAM for the netgear like i used to do it for TP-Link?

i'd go to recovery mode, telnet then use mtd -r erase nvram

but that doesnt work here.

Thank you.
Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 1.12.x gargoyle-iSpy

tapper

Post by tapper »

dieselz wrote:Thank you iSpy for everything.
Question though..
i have just updated to this build and ever since my router WNDR4300 keeps giving me wrong readings and doesnt store data and is a mess now..

tried to clear NVRAM but it wont work like it used to work on my WDR4300

any suggestions on how to clear NVRAM for the netgear like i used to do it for TP-Link?

i'd go to recovery mode, telnet then use mtd -r erase nvram

but that doesnt work here.

Thank you.
Hi there open the webinterface go to system then Backup / Restore and Restore Default Configuration.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260