Two things I miss from Tomato...

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

oviano

Two things I miss from Tomato...

Post by oviano »

1) being able to view a table of connections which includes separate columns for current upload kbps and current download kbps for each connection, together with the remote IP they are uploading/downloading to/from.

2) being able to click on the upload and download column headings to sort by that column.

From what I can tell in Gargoyle the columns tends to be more about total data transferred over an interval with the minimum selectable interval being one minute. Plus none of the tables seem sortable.

It was a very useful feature when I was testing my QoS settings in Tomato or simply if the Internet was behaving slowly I could just bring up this page and see very clearly what, right now, is doing the uploading and downloading. You could set a refresh interval of a couple of seconds for this table to update,

That's pretty much the only thing I miss from Tomato.

nworbnhoj

Re: Two things I miss from Tomato...

Post by nworbnhoj »

oviano wrote:1) being able to view a table of connections which includes separate columns for current upload kbps and current download kbps for each connection, together with the remote IP they are uploading/downloading to/from.
Probably could be incorporate into Gargoyle - Connection List
How would you go about this without making the table silly wide? Dropdown with instantaneous & total?

oviano wrote:2) being able to click on the upload and download column headings to sort by that column.
coming soon http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=7&t=8082
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

oviano

Post by oviano »

I'd have two new controls:

Direction : {Upload, Download}
Bandwidth : {Total, Current}

Currently I don't find it too readable *showing both upload and download in each table cell and in order to allow independent sorting of the upload and download you'd need them separate anyway.

To optimise space where the controls are - if you feel that five lines is excessive - you could perhaps combine the bandwidth controls onto one line:

Bandwidth: {Total, Current} Units: {Auto (Mixed), etc....}

That way you'd only be adding a single line to the controls area.

So if you chose Download + Current you'd end up with this:

Proto...WAN Host/LAN Host...Bytes/s Down...QoS Down...L7 Proto

*Possibly there was a reason why it was done like this, in which case you could just add a third "Both" mode to the Direction control which would then work as it does now. In this mode, sorting could just sort by Download.

Tareq

Post by Tareq »

Last edited by Tareq on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
TP-LINK WR841N. V8.4 | Gargoyle 1.9 | South Yemen

oviano

Post by oviano »

Tareq wrote:Image

Thanks, yes - something like that would be ideal.

I'm not using the wireless capabilities of Gargoyle though - I have multiple wireless access points operating in bridge mode - so I don't have that table.

EDIT : heh, you edited on me :) Yes that table is the one we're discussing modifying. It doesn't show the current speed though does it - only the total data transferred? Plus in order to be able to sort by upload speed and by download speed that column would need splitting.

Tareq

Post by Tareq »

There is new build, (gargoyle-ispy 2015-December-29 22:12)

Edit: i dont know if this what you want.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8136
TP-LINK WR841N. V8.4 | Gargoyle 1.9 | South Yemen

oviano

Post by oviano »

Tareq wrote:Image

There is new build, (gargoyle-ispy 2015-December-29 22:12)

Edit: i dont know if this what you want.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8136
I'm sure you mean well and thanks for the contribution but I pretty much explained what it was I missed from Tomato in the opening post.... :)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

While your suggestions are good, and I'd like them as well!, adding features at this point is getting us close to the point of having to drop 4mb router support.

I'm not sure on the future direction of gargoyle but we may see a fork soon if support is to remain and the firmware is to continue to grow.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

MucuCat

Post by MucuCat »

i also miss this feature, coming from tomato. this is the only feature missing. otherwise gargoyle is perfect. thank you :D

but since i have a 4mb router i rather have my device supported than this feature. :cry: