Versions 1.9.0 & 1.8.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

jd45321

Re: Versions 1.9.0 & 1.8.1

Post by jd45321 »

Lantis wrote:I'm rewriting a lot of the code for that page and as a result this bug should be fixed.
Won't be finished until Friday.
Where do you get this newer version? The download page still shows 1.9.0?

jd45321

Post by jd45321 »

I may have found a small bug in 1.9.0. Just installed on my TL WDR3600, Was running 1.8.1 before. Loaded without preserving settings. When I was inputing my previous settings, I tried adding static addresses on DHCP page. Even though there were hosts connected (showing on Connected Hosts tab), they were not showing up on the "Select Hostname/Mac address from Currently Selected Hosts" drop down. I had to add them by hand.

Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

jd45321 wrote:
Lantis wrote:I'm rewriting a lot of the code for that page and as a result this bug should be fixed.
Won't be finished until Friday.
It will be released as an unofficial version once it is accepted.
For now you can build your own version with the code from the git repository.
I found a couple small bugs with it today but i'll fix it within a few hours.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jd45321

Post by jd45321 »

Lantis wrote:
jd45321 wrote:
It will be released as an unofficial version once it is accepted.
For now you can build your own version with the code from the git repository.
I found a couple small bugs with it today but i'll fix it within a few hours.

Thanks, I don't know how to build my own version so I will wait for next release.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

pretty sure i've figured out why wireless client bridging isn't working... will work on it.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

-KAPMA-

Post by -KAPMA- »

Lantis wrote:pretty sure i've figured out why wireless client bridging isn't working... will work on it.
This will be the best gift for the new year if the Wi-Fi bridge work.

oliver

Post by oliver »

jd45321 wrote:I may have found a small bug in 1.9.0. Just installed on my TL WDR3600, Was running 1.8.1 before. Loaded without preserving settings. When I was inputing my previous settings, I tried adding static addresses on DHCP page. Even though there were hosts connected (showing on Connected Hosts tab), they were not showing up on the "Select Hostname/Mac address from Currently Selected Hosts" drop down. I had to add them by hand.

Thanks
I saw this too (and also on a TL WDR3600) - I was wondering if it was only supposed to list the addresses assigned by the DHCP server (my static ones obviously weren't)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

-KAPMA- wrote:
Lantis wrote:pretty sure i've figured out why wireless client bridging isn't working... will work on it.
This will be the best gift for the new year if the Wi-Fi bridge work.

New fix has been committed to the code. Hopefully will see a build by ispyisail in the next few days which includes it. Keep your eye on the show and tell forum for a build that includes "arpnat patch". I'll try and make it obvious in the post that you should try it.

digitalbk

Post by digitalbk »

Dear Eric & Team,
Your project gargoyle is wonderful.
In 1.8.1 & 1.9.0 I am facing some issues with TPlink 841 V9.
First of all no Display of users in Wireless connected on user connected page.
2ndly I have set the qouta that reset on 1st of the month but its still not reset even date is change today.

Before it I have 841v5 with 1.6.2 and there is no issue with that and for long time I used that as I bought new router V9 there is no file with this version in 1.6.2. :(
Please check thank you!.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

digitalbk wrote:Dear Eric & Team,
Your project gargoyle is wonderful.
In 1.8.1 & 1.9.0 I am facing some issues with TPlink 841 V9.
First of all no Display of users in Wireless connected on user connected page.
2ndly I have set the qouta that reset on 1st of the month but its still not reset even date is change today.

Before it I have 841v5 with 1.6.2 and there is no issue with that and for long time I used that as I bought new router V9 there is no file with this version in 1.6.2. :(
Please check thank you!.

Please update to the latest code release of the 1.9.X branch. Several bugs have been fixed. Your first issue is certainly fixed. Your second one i'm not so sure about.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =14&t=8136