Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

NZ_Okuma

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by NZ_Okuma »

Setup on a TP-Link TL-WR841ND Ver9.3. Gargoyle file name
gargoyle_1.7.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr841n-v9-squashfs-factory

flashed from TP-Link web gui with latest firmware. :D

Works great as second router for quota management and safer DNS for kids use. Setup in less than an hour great work guys love it.

dlogictech

Post by dlogictech »

Successfully upgraded a D-Link DIR-835 Rev. A1
However, I am curious why the "Port Status" chart that indicates the LAN ports and the Speed of the connection on that port, does not show up on the D-Link but does show on TP-Link routers...
DIR-835 Status Page.JPG
D-Link DIR-835 Rev. A1 using Gargoyle
1.9.X (Built 20160524-1903 git@004a64c)

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Ver. 1.6 using Gargoyle

TP-Link TL-WR740N Ver. 1.10 using Gargoyle

jmlacroix

Post by jmlacroix »

I just flashed a TL-WRD3600 V1.5 without any problem at all with 1.8.0 I had flashed also a week ago a TL-WR841N V9.1 with 1.8.0 also without any problem.

The WR3600 if working fine: I had set ip up as a gateway with the wireless on the WAN side and on the LAN side a 192.168.3.0/24 network. On the wireless side, I set it up to use the 5 ghz (the wireless router is a Cisco/Linksys EA4500). The wireless also work on the 2.4 ghz.

I got this router for my son that need to connect at the residency at the university (Sherbrooke) to a wireless network that connect through WPA2 with PEAP and MSCHAPv2. The various adapters he got for the desktop (DWA-180 and DWA-140) keeps disconnecting, and we hope that a router with Gargoyle (or openWRT) would work. Gargoyle being easier to set up, we are trying with that first.

The TL-WR841N did not work as it does not have enough memory (32 MB) for the full WPA package: only the WPA-mini can be installed. :( BTW: I will be selling that one (eBay, almost at cost) if someone is interested. ;)

As the TL-WDR3600 has more memory (128 MB) and has the full WPA package installed by default, therefore should be able to connect to the university network. :geek:

We will see if the TL-WRD3600 will work at the university in a couple of weeks: when I will be able to get it to my son!
TL-WDR3600 v1.5 with 1.8.0
TL-WR841N v9.1 with 1.8.0

wallythacker

Post by wallythacker »

I successfully flashed a Tp-link wdr4300v1 with 1.8 with no issues. Change my subnet, reboot, login, configure.

My 2nd 4300 was a bit tougher. It had been flashed a few times with other firmwares. The initial 1.8 flash went fine, the router booted, I logged in and changed my subnet to 192.168.0.1 as I have everything, NAS boxes, printers, wireless cameras etc. on that net.

I waited a full minute to log in and couldn't. Checked my IP to see a 169 range. Rebooted the router and gave myself a 192.168.0.x IP. Waited another minute. Couldn't log in, no ping response, but I had activity lights and an AP called dd-wrt showed up (WTF? I flashed over that or so I thought.)

Then lost all lights, everything. Figured I owned a brick now. 10 minutes later I check available AP's and find stock TP-Link 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ AP's were available. Sure enough I could log in and the entire stock interface was there and working. Figuring the router had some failsafe mechanism built into it I flashed it with 1.8 again after doing a 30/30/30 to clear everything. (I had done those prior to and after all other flashes.)

This time I could log in, change the subnet, reboot and login again and configure. Very weird experience.

For the $60 each 4300 cost me I feel I have great gear and got ahead of the game for once. I see there are $450 N routers out there. Ouch. No way in hell I'd risk flashing those.

Cheers

tomayw

Post by tomayw »

We have successfully installed the 1.9.0 gargoyle on TP-Link Archer v.1.20 C5. Earlier versions did not offer support for the 5GHz network. Today, I can easily set any option, change the MAC, DHCP, QoS (at the most I cared). This model TP-Link has WiFi 802.11 ac somebody so far I only worked for the official release or DD-WRT. By default, networks are available 2.4 and 5GHz, unfortunately for 5GHz channel width of only 40Mhz. Entrance to the console and force it to switch to full speed VHT80 AC. I am very positive about the Gargoyle, above all, its fantastic QoS and custom DDNS are the best available alternative firmware :)

Enable WIFI AC (in terminal):
uci set wireless.radio0.htmode=VHT80
uci commit wireless
wifi

screen in PL = http://prntscr.com/929p33

darkfibre

Post by darkfibre »

Ubnt airGateway. Flashed 1.9.0 (was airOS 1.0.3)

Found problems with packages.

Re-flashed to 1.8.1
Packages now working.
Manually installed email, unable to get messages sent, but test message works.
Tested back to back with a non Gargoyle unit, speedtest 10/8 on original and 9/2 on 1.8.1

Also Flashed 1.9.0 onto Linksys WRT1900AC - no issues, but owner of router thinks its slower now.. No tests done yet.

runner75

Re: Successfully flashed WD My Net N750

Post by runner75 »

lepgargoyle wrote:I've successfully flashed a WD My Net N750 with v1.7.1; I've been waiting a long time since only the barrier breaker release fixes the 5Ghz performance issue. Now files consistently transfer at 30MB/s (240mbps), the last 24hrs performance has been solid!

Also by default the leds for network activity do not work; fortunately it's an easy fix. I've separated the 5GHz network activity to the WPS led 'wd:blue:wps'.

Append the following to /etc/config/system and reboot:

config led
option default '0'
option name 'InternetLED'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:internet'
option trigger 'netdev'
option dev 'eth0.2'
option mode 'link'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless0'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wireless'
option trigger 'phy0tpt'

config led
option default '0'
option name 'Wireless1'
option trigger 'phy1tpt'
option sysfs 'wd:blue:wps'

:lol:
hello, as I introduce these changes? I have the same router and the LEDs do not work! :cry:
Webshell?
My Net WD750

vortex66

Post by vortex66 »

successfully flashed a Tp-link wr741ND v 4.25 with gargoyle 1.8.1 and work great :D

thanks a lot

thunderdust

Post by thunderdust »

D-Link DIR-615 rev. C1

Works excellent with 1.6.2.
Appears to be working well with 1.9.0 as well!

It is worth noting that the download link is NOT visible in the "Download" section, but you can find the link in the forums.
Last edited by thunderdust on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sh1

Post by sh1 »

TP-Link TL-WDR3500 V1 with 1.9.X