Gargoyle randomly not save options

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

tomayw

Gargoyle randomly not save options

Post by tomayw »

Hi
Sorry for my english, but i apologize - i use translator :)

I have a few routers on which I use Gargoyle . It often happens that I can not save option . I can not save such as QOS option in the download section . Zanaczam QOS on Set the class , I click save , move on to another section . I go back and this option is not saved , not turned on. What could be the reason , maybe there is some way to turn such a section through the terminal ? Used routers TL- WN740N , TL- WN841N , TL- WDR4300 .

http://prntscr.com/8w7mez

thx :)

nworbnhoj

Re: Gargoyle randomly not save options

Post by nworbnhoj »

Gargoyle does weird things sometimes if you have more than one browser window open on the Gargoyle GUI
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

tomayw

Post by tomayw »

i have one window.... different browsers....

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

I have also seen Gargoyle fail to save settings when the session has expired. If you open a page of the Gargoyle GUI, wait until the session is expired then try and save new settings then the save fails and Gargoyle usually returns to the login page (but I suspect not always)

tomayw

Post by tomayw »

Toady i'm flashed new TP-LINK 841NDv8 with different versions of Gargoyle, and 1.6.2, 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 Each version does not save options . After logging in, when I enter a new password and time zone - everything is ok, but then I could not save another date format , change the language etc. Save settings takes half a second, instead of a few seconds, and it means that the settings are not sticking ... where is the mistake? - If you can somehow save these options through the terminal ?

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Another thought! I have also seen Gargoyle do weird stuff a bit like this when I was too impatient during the flash and perhaps cut it off too early before it had entirely finished.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

nworbnhoj wrote:Another thought! I have also seen Gargoyle do weird stuff a bit like this when I was too impatient during the flash and perhaps cut it off too early before it had entirely finished.
+1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I'd also clear the browser cache and try a different browser if you haven't already done so.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tomayw

Post by tomayw »

Lantis wrote:I'd also clear the browser cache and try a different browser if you haven't already done so.
Check on IE11, latest FF, and Chrome ... :(

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

what version?

It works fine for us?

What are you doing different?